Connecting Problems with CAT 2900 XL and 3600

If you're sure both the switch and router are good, and you don't get any lights at all when you connect them, then you're using the wrong cable. Remember that you need to use a "normal" straight-thru ethernet cable to connect a router to a switch. If you're using a crossover cable, it won't work. Some 3rd-party switches do auto-crossover and will work with either cable, but Cisco doesn't.

If that's not it, post the relevant interface sections of both configs, along with results of "sh int" commands for them.

Reply to
Mike Dorn
Loading thread data ...

Hello Folks, i am searching for a solution of following problem. I have to connect an 2900 XL Series Switch and an 3600 Router. in my 3600 are two 10base/t modules. when i connect a 100mbit device to the switch, all works fine. when i connect my 3600 eth 0/0 to the

2900-switch... no link!

i tried to connect the 3600 to another (noname-)switch - and it works. i allready played with speed, duplex, keepalive and so on... but no success.

if anyone can give me a helpfull hint?

TIA

Samz

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC4 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
samzung

thx - i couldn't belief it, but it really was a crossover. i search for hours to find a solution. damn :))

once again - thx

samz

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC4 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

formatting link

Reply to
samzung

Hi Samz,

Would have to advise that you start at the begining...

Set switchport to auto and check that the ports are up and data can pass

likewise for the router.. if the 3600 has ip address can you ping devices in the range ? (pc connected directly to the router) have u applied any config to any of the devices..? if so what is it.. can u utilise x -over cable between both ports on the 3600..? do u get a link ?

Reply to
ju

mmm

cisco do ..do auto x....

;)

depends on the switch...

Reply to
ju

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.