CIT Exam

Hi

I did the cit exam today and it was a killer, the simulators really eat into your time. I have a few questions about the simulators.

1) one simulator was a router which was been configured via telnet when the connection died. You've been advised that the line and protocol are still up. You can access the routers on either side of the middle(problem) router and have to fix a routing problem. But you can't use the Configure or debug commands.!!

Any ideas what to do with this.?? I tried to telnet onto the problem router but this wasn't allowed either.

Also there were loads of command outputs from eigrp & igrp issues. Could anyone advise where i could get samples of such outputs where the problems are explained.! (i.e Stuck in Active)

Thanks,

Alan

Reply to
29killeen
Loading thread data ...

so it doesn't say what was the last command run the other router? presumably a reboot would sort, is that possible? If not did the side routers both have the correct routes in their tables to the middle router. is it possible the middle router was advertising incorrect routes to the side ones? (i presume they'd have to be advertised as AD 0 for that to happen to beat the connected route?)

Reply to
Stuart Wilcox

The question didn't advise what the last command was, i never thought of a reboot..!! I see where your coming from with the routers advertising the correct routes but how can you resolve a problem if all you can do is use the show commands, you can't get into the global config mode on any of the routers.!!

Stuart Wilcox wrote:

problem

Reply to
29killeen

sorry, didn't really read the bit about not using config or debug. I guess the only thing I can think of is a reboot, as copy run start probably hadn't been run this would have fixed it. Don't know if you had the option though

Reply to
Stuart Wilcox

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.