Organising network cables

Hi

I'm a Network cable installer and and I am new to this industry. I need a clarification.

According to the cabling standards, is ther anything for cable organisation or cable bundling?

Let me be little more clear. Take an example. Say it is a 200 seater office, each desk having 4 cable drops. 1 drop will be used for data, 2 for voice application and 1 extra.

While organising these cables in the Network rack, is there any rule that all the cables are to be terminated in the same rack sequentially?

Can I terminate 2 of these cables in 1st rack and 2 in the second rack and fix my network equipments in the 1st rack and the voice panels and other things in the 2nd rack?

Is there any hard and fast rule that all the cables from a user outlet should be terminated in a same rack? What is the universal convention?

Awaiting experts' suggetions

Jaya

Reply to
Jaya
Loading thread data ...

There are no rules that you have to even terminate the cables in order, but it is highly suggested that you do :-)

It would be a reasonable idea to terminate traditional voice cables in one rack and data cables in another, even, possibly use 2 different colors. You can then color code the patch cords for voice and data, and if, for some reason you cross over, you'll be able to see that in a glance.

Not at all. In fact, in some places, the voice cables might terminate on 110 blocks and the data on patch panels in a different location.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

We're moving into a new bldg, with all the latest high-tech video and audio stuff in the studios. Some rooms have cat6 and some have cat6+ cabling, so the blue cat6 jacks were put onto one jack field and the white cat6+ jacks were put into another jack field, labeled with the same faceplate number, but letters h and above. The blues were labeled a thru f and I think the fiber optic jack is g.

So if the customer wants it non-standard, get it in writing and do it.

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.