online management tools?

I own and operate a small low voltage company in VA. We mostly work with residential networks, telephone systems etc, however we've been getting opportunites for some larger contracts with new Bed Bath and Beyonds and the like. Manageing all of my employees across different jobs has become a challage. Does anyone know of an solutions out there? Thanks in Advance.

Reply to
smBusOwner
Loading thread data ...

I am a bit interested in this too, so I did a search at

formatting link
for "employee relations management freeware" with the best result which I could see being located at this url:

formatting link
The software is called "Job Designer Free v2.1.1.20.

The link provided for this software is:

formatting link
I haven't tried this so I can't give you a review.

If you do try it, please try to post a review for us.

- greg

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
gtknopf

The trial version doesn't look complete. The Lite version is affordable but it excludes a lot of the options, plus no web interface. I am on the road alot and would like to be able to access remotely. I found

formatting link
and contacted them. They are a start up and have given me a free account to try out their online tool. Truthfully, I haven't had too much time to put it to use just yet but from looking at it is seems to have all the functionality that I require. It is basic but according to the person I spoke to the system is constantly evolving... I remain skeptical at this point but it's free, no credit cards needed so I am going to give it a try. I will post after having a chance to use it.

Reply to
smBusOwner

So I signed up for the free trial and I put it to use for this week. I have my front desk employee enter the jobs into the system once they come in. She isn't the most computer literate person in the world but she picked it up quickly. Some of the things I found to be most useful about it... Employee Roladex for resource information tracking Client Roladex too, You can email directly from the web site, either one client(or employee) at a time or every client (or employee) at a time. The jobs appear in different catagories of completion, and they are customizable. (New, In Progress, Invoice, Completed etc.) You can have different types of jobs (residential or commercial). I think that this is customizable as well. You can view by job type with a click of a button. Once you click on a job in the job lists, it drills down into the details of the job (all of the specifics) There is a neat online messaging system that allows each person viewing a job to leave a note for the next reader to view. There is an administrative console for adding employees, clients, etc. These are just a few, I must say that it has already proven to be a timesaver just because I have my techs view their assigned jobs in the morning before driving to the office, they usually have all the tools and supplies in their van so they can head off right to the site saving a lot of time in the morning.

The creator speaks directly to me on the phone, (he has just started the site) and is very accomidating and interested in my needs a business owner. I am going to give a review at the end of the trial (1 month) and see if I am going to sign up or not, but it is looking like something that is really going to help me out.

Reply to
smBusOwner

[snip site plug]

From the office next door I assume?

[whois.opensrs.net] Registrant: Tangier Island Seafood Market 1311 S. HIgh St. Harrisonburg, VA 22801 US

Domain name: YOURWOTS.COM

Administrative Contact: Beatty, Brock snipped-for-privacy@jmurentals.com 1311 S. HIgh St. Harrisonburg, VA 22801 US (540) 435-6860 Technical Contact: Beatty, Brock snipped-for-privacy@jmurentals.com 1311 S. HIgh St. Harrisonburg, VA 22801 US (540) 435-6860

If you are going through the trouble of posting separate messages a few days apart to advertise a commercial site, the least you could do is create a dummy account on Google to make it slightly less obvious.

Reply to
Jack Masters

heh. So busted.

-jr

Reply to
James Russo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.