Cable management products.

This setup wasn't my idea, just working with what i walked into.

2 --- 2 poll Racks. Side by Side with about 1 foot of space between them. One rack has the punch downs. The other rack has the switches. The patch cables run between them, i have them secured and bundled but it just doesnt look good. Have a little budget money to spend, any idea's ???
Reply to
bill
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like a very typical installation. Shove it the closet and forget about it? This is what 99% of the people do.. :) Afterall, most people shouldn't need to touch it much, or do any changes. I rarely see my wiring closet for the floor I'm on (and responsible for). I've been in there once in the last 6 months?

Otherwise, get different lengths of patch cables (ie. you can easily get them in one foot increments.) and lots and lots of velcro straps. Get some horizontal tie bars to tie the velcro to. They also have velcro straps with gromits in them so you can put a rack screw through them and tie it down to one of the rails.

Get the cabling all running parallel, and tie it with the velcro every

4-5 inches. Put the slack in a big loop tied neatly with the velcro down the middle.

Another way I've seen it is to get those cable management dionosaur duct finger compartments (ie.

formatting link
make rack mount versions too.

And shove all the extra slack from each length in the compartment, and the cables feed out through the fingers into the switches. I don't like these as much as tracing and untangling the patch cords gets to be quite a bother. I'd rather have it out in the open tied neatly.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.