Motorla Surfboard 5120

Is there a good page somewhere that shows some inside characteristics of this modem. Especially, if there some hidden features etc.

Thanks, Martin

Reply to
Martin Kusch
Loading thread data ...

You get access to whatever pages your ISP has programmmed your modem to show you from your computer.

Cabelone.net will not even let the customer see this http://192.168.100.1/

Reply to
Bit Twister

Interesting. This is the first time, despite questions to MediaOne/AT&T/Comcast technicians and their supervisors over the years, that I can see exactly what frequencies are being used on my modem - upstream (25.344 MHz) and downstream (739.786 MHz). Thanks.

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels

A couple of months ago, a Comcast tech came to check on my report of marginal signal levels, -5 down , 55 up. After he inspected the drop, and used a pair of pliers, not a wrench, to tighten (and chew up) all visible F connectors, he stuck a digital meter on the line and pronounced that all was "normal." I opened up the Motorola 5100's Config Manager Signal page to show him what the modem was reading. He said, "how do you get that?" and that no one had ever showed him that you view levels that way. While there was nothing more he could do on site, my levels magically improved a few weeks later, but probably not as any result of the service call.

Reply to
Chuck Reti

After about 20 years of dealing with cable and satellite TV installers in 2 different cities, I no longer think of installers as "technicians", but rather as "hooker uppers". I mean if a hooker upper learns something and gets good, why should he/she remain a cable installer? Satellite system installation seems to require a bit more intelligence, and entire building (Multi-Dwelling Unit) satellite installations a step or two above that. Those that remain cable hooker uppers are those that never learned more than that.

*TimDaniels*
Reply to
Timothy Daniels

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.