Low signal causes?

Does anyone happen to know what causes a cable signal to be constantly low/poor even after it gets raised? My signal is really bad and even though the cable co. boosts it, it ends up dropping after about three months. They can't find the source of the problem or are just too stupid. My house is the only one on the tap and I'm fairly sure none of the neighbors ever have problems and they're all on another tap. Something doesn't seem right here. I need to get to the bottom of this but I don't even know where to begin. I just know that a constantly low signal isn't normal. Any ideas on this?

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Is it weak at the tap, or just in the house? If in the house, then ALL of the connections and/or cables need to be checked, especially those exposed to the weather. There may be corrosion occuring someplace.

If it's at the tap, then they need to trace back all connections to look for a bad one, or maybe even a cut or damaged cable. The simple act of disconnecting/reconnecting for testing may clean it up, for awhile. You or they must take a VERY close look at the copper center conductor and everything else visible to look for any signs of corrosion. If in doubt, replace the connector. If exposed to the weather, make certain it's a SEALED connection.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

It's probably because of the wires in your house.

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.