COMCAST internet

i would like to know how fars is COMCAST internet cable to download music or videos from p2p like ARES or LIMEWIRE

Reply to
superil
Loading thread data ...

Totally depends on the connection speed of the person from whom you are downloading the file (as well as the file size, of course). I have downloaded songs in less than 30 seconds.

CIAO!

Ed N.

superil wrote:

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

Internet speed is based on a 2 way connection, the speed Comcast gives you AND the spped theo ther person has. BOTH have multiple things affecting them...Comcast normally gives 6mbps download speed and 1mbps upload speeds for people with multiple Comcast Services. The other end depends not only o ntheir internet conenction but also on how many conenctions they have open at any one time. ie you go to Amazon.com and start downloading songs, they have a HUGE server and can support maybe 200 or more connections all at the same time before each is degraded. A home user cannot serve more than one or maybe 2 connections before each gets their speed cut because the internet is being split between each user. Comcast compared to dial-up Comcast SCREAMS! Compared to most DSL Comcast is faster. Compared to FIOS, 15mpbs download and 15mbps upload, Comcast sucks! Not ALL FIOS is 15/15 or faster, sometimes people only pay for 6mbps download and 2 mbps upload. FIOS does offer other plans.

Reply to
f/fgeorge

Their standard package is 6Mbps down and 384k up. Their speed tier is

8mbps down and 768k up.

f/fgeorge wrote:

Reply to
Ed Nielsen

X-No-Archive: Yes

When I used to do that, I would hide behind open Socks proxy servers, so I could not be traced by the recording indistry in America

Reply to
Chilly8

If you do not do SOMETHING you are just not playing with a full deck!

Reply to
f/fgeorge

Yet as we speak Comcast is rolling out Blast speeds, 16/1 or 16/2 for their Speed Tier customers. I got upgraded to 16/2 here in November. No additional cost. Also DOCSIS 3 is rolling out as well. Already began Wideband speeds (50/5) in the Minn/St Paul area. Not cheap though. $150 monthly

Reply to
Jbob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.