Cable TV interference. What causes it?

Hi guys. I come to your expersise as we don't know what to do.

Almost every night, almost always after a random time, but between 8 and 10pm, the cable tv quaility gets noisy, dropping the net connection.

What could be causing this interference? It is happening to me, to the next door neighbor, to someone 6 floors up... Is it possible to have interference, so big that more than 1 apartment here is affected? What could be it? How can it be resolved?

Reply to
Seguros Catatumbo
Loading thread data ...

I started seeing interference a few months ago and realized that it occurred whenever someone was using our Comcast digital phone. I got rid of the Comcast digital phone and do see that interference any more. It may or may not be related to your issue??

Patrick ========= For LAN/WAN Protocol Analysis, check out PacketView Pro! ========= Patrick Klos Email: snipped-for-privacy@klos.com Klos Technologies, Inc. Web:

formatting link

Reply to
Patrick Klos

Not really... We don't have those fancy digital phones here in venezuela... And the only "hardware change" i have done is that i got a new surge protector, but that can't be it since other floors have the same issue and there are some days when i dont have the problem.

I have googled some and so far everything points to amateur radio or fm station...

Reply to
Seguros Catatumbo

Not really... We don't have those fancy digital phones here in venezuela... And the only "hardware change" i have done is that i got a new surge protector, but that can't be it since other floors have the same issue and there are some days when i dont have the problem.

I have googled some and so far everything points to amateur radio or fm station...

Reply to
Seguros Catatumbo

Reply to
Seguros Catatumbo

Sorry about the duplicated posts, but the connection keeps dropping and somehow the message gets duplicated.

Reply to
Seguros Catatumbo

When multiple subscribers see the same thing at the same time, its time to call the cable company. Something is happening locally that is fubaring your signal. One of your neighbors using a welder or maybe a Home Theater system feeding back into the cable network or who knows?

Reply to
DLR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.