Please respond - Wind Powered Generators. I will be reading for responses in this newsgroup.

I will be reading the comments in this newsgroup for the next few days and learning from those that are positive and helpful.

I know that this is an out of topic posting to this newsgroup. That is a reason that I am posting here. I want to learn from people that are not in the business of cogenerating energy. I want to read in this newsgroup valuable comments from a fresh perspective. By off topic posting to random newsgroups, herein I may gain an honest response.

There are definition links for you to read. There is physics data, and NASA data that is referenced. I would like your honest opinion. I would like to read logical responses. Childish screaming about commercial posting or out of topic posting to this newsgroup will not slow my quest to find logical and valuable responses. Someone on this newsgroup will be able to think for themselves and will give me an honest and logical response that I may learn from and potentially use. I look forward to your opinion.

formatting link

Topic: WIND POWERED GENERATORS.

I would like to introduce you to a new wind powered generator company.

These are specifically for LOW wind speeds. These are affordable sized for the average (non-city) U.S. homeowner.

This is a very small company. These are being built one at a time.

The page is at ReasonablePower.com

formatting link
Please take the time to look at the page.

If you have a valuable response whereby I may learn and do better as I build this company, please post your response to this newsgroup. I will be reading postings herein for a while.

Thank you.

Reply to
a
Loading thread data ...

Just so I understand. You make a commercial post in a non-commercial discussion group because according to you it is appropriate and then further demand that not only no one should object they should offer replies suitable and valuable to you?

Reply to
George

Wow. That is a tough answer. The truth can hurt. Oh, how it pains to see one's own faults through the eyes of another.

You are right. This is a commercial post. I have something to SELL. It is NOT simply academic.

Please object. Please respond. But, most of all, please have something to say. I have read some shocking news about the lack of logic in wind turbines which use "lift" technology airfoils. I have asked people about this and gotten blank stares, and worse yet answers that go against the laws of physics. I really do want to know if what I have found is correct. And if I am correct, I want to PROFIT from it. I want to eat. I want to cloth my children. The almighty dollar has me by the balls. I do NOT want my academic discovery (if it can be called such) to be only for the profit of others. They may profit. But, I am fighting for a piece of the pie that I have personally (maybe) and on my own (maybe) discovered, without their help (and I might have to think about the help part).

No excuse sir.

Cut my ideas down. Cut my PRODUCT down. But, please, if I may ask, respectfully of you, tell me WHY it does not work. I have tried to give links to physics, and definitions, and nasa examples.

I have posted and read the responses to hundreds of newsgroups on this for many hours. Your answer has been the toughest to respond to.

Yes, I want money. But, before I hire a whole crew and lease a building and buy machinery, I would like to know if my PRODUCT is viable.

I am a carpenter. I am not an engineer. I cannot afford an engineer. I have read and studied a lot. I have produced a product line. I am taking the next big (scary) step and setting it in front of potentially aggressive, knowingly mentally astute, newsgroup readers. It pains me to admit to my desperation.

Thank you.

Reply to
a

Why not get your energy from water? It is almost free and much easier to extract energy from than low winds.

Reply to
John J. Bengii

OK, here's my response... Go away.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

It's equally off-topic in auto-racing newsgroups. Why don't you go bother them?

Doug

Reply to
Doug Meredith

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : qKadnXT007_rJOfVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

You can do the same..

Reply to
Petem

sage de

Don't worry.

His time is running out.

Reply to
Jim

I noticed that the water in small streams can stop totally for days or weeks on end if there is no rain. I also saw that the wind blows in the morning and in the evening, at night, and sometimes in the day, albeit maybe a slight breeze, but occasionally some breeze. Therefore, (and as I stated earlier, I could be wrong) it would seem reasonable to catch this slight breeze. My heating and electric bills are far greater than I desire, and using 20watt bulbs in the house has given me eye strain while the energy bills still come in.

I have found the greatest resistance to my idea is the technology of flat plate (which includes slightly curved for structural strength) vs. the idea of airfoils. I would now like to know:

"What is the actual vector physics of a steady state stream of air against a flat plate when the flat plate is at a 45 degree angle to the air flow?"

Reply to
a

You're obviously not living in a rain forest...

Then you're not living anywhere near a large body of water...

With what??

You're obviously not using CFL's.

On a day when the wind is barely blowing I don't think there's a whole lot of difference which technology you settle on. I don't think wind driven generators are going to work with any great reliability every where you put them. I imagine a combination of solar, and wind generated power will provide the best solution... Until someone comes up with a "cold fusion" reactor that is... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
John J. Bengii

So build your own batteries. I hear you can buy lead real cheap in China. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
John J. Bengii

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.