Motorized Roller Shades ??

Does anyone have a source for INEXPENSIVE roller shades, or cellular shades. The shades may be $30, but the motor STARTS at $150, if you want to add a contact closure control, add $50...

Anyone got a source for inexpensive stuff...NOTE I didn't say CHEEP....

Bob

Reply to
Bob Sisson
Loading thread data ...

Good, fast, cheap... pick TWO.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Bob - did you find anything that worked? I am looking for these as well. Thanks!

Reply to
Hambone

I'm Robert (not Bob) but I'll share what little I know on the subject. Somfy has a good reputation. They make motorized rollers and controllers. ABIK, they do not make the shades themselves. Those you get from your interior designer or whoever.

Here's a URL:

formatting link
Here's a tiny version of the same URL:
formatting link
and a "preview" URL:
formatting link
I don't carry them in my online store as yet but I've been considering adding at least one line of motorized window treatments and controls. There are issues with buying and selling window treatments online which I have to resolve first. If I do it I'll probably start with Somfy, partly becuae of their reputation among builders and interior designers and partly because the public (well, that part of the public which is interested in such things) already knows the name.

If you've already considered this line, I'd be interested to hear what your impressions are.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

In my earlier reply I neglected to mention another well-known manufacturer of motorized window treatments -- Draper.

I don't have any direct feedback from clients who have used Draper but they are very active in the HA arena. They also make a popular line projection screens for home theater.

Here's a URL:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.