Finishing Phone Installation

I am finishing a telephone and data wiring project in my home. I have four lines coming in of which three are live. I have run two cat 5e cables to every wall of my house. I think I am going to install channel vision structured module products as I can terminate the incoming lines with with a RJ45 plug that plugs into the DSL filter, and then to a phone distribution patch panel etc. etc. I will go into more detail later. What I am wondering is this ... when I terminate the RJ45 plug for the 4 pairs and then at the station location, how can I control what line 1, 2, 3 and 4 are. Does the pin position on the RJ45 denote this or the way it was set up in the NID? The reason I am asking this is that on another of the Channel Vision products (a front door device) .. I can plug the device in and it will ring every line 1 in the house when depressed at the front door intercom. One will then be able to pick up any line 1 and talk to the person at the front door. How can I determine which line is l? Any help would be appreciated. BTW, if anyone knows of any structured wiring patch panel type of devices that are plug and play let me know. Do not know if Leviton makes such a device. Using a patch panel seems to be easier for me to control which jack or data port at which station I want to heat up. The ones that I do not need, I can just cover up with a wall plate until I need to terminate them and use them. Some are now behind furniture, etc. I can just leave cables not plugged in, hanging in my home run closet until I need them. Any advice will be appreciated.

Reply to
michael.roback
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.