zoom X6 - does not detect dsl

Hello, I have a zoom X6 dsl modem. My ISP here in Guyana said they enabled my phone line for dsl use. This modem is not detecting the dsl signal. The link led just blinks all the time. When I try to autoconfigure I see a brief message saying "Transmission stopped". I tried this modem at another another location which I know is dsl enabled, but the same thing happens. My ISP issues Paradyne 6381-A2-200 modems. Do you think the zoom X6 is imcompatible with systems designed for Paradyne modems. My ISP is not helping because its not their modem. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks.

Reply to
Derek
Loading thread data ...

No all DSL ISPs support the same protocols. What you need IMHO is find out which ones your ISP supports and then check to make sure your DSL modem supports it. If not, you need one that does. DSL modems don't use one standard like dialup modems do.

Reply to
BillW50

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.