Win98SE and WPA - again (sigh) ....

No, the wireless network exists. The target client is currently on the wired networtk, and i am trying to move it onto the wireless network - using the hardware on hand.

Wired and wireless network exist. Wired network not at the new work area.

Yes - apara 3 of O/P.

Maybe. But that's not a path I'm heading down until the other options are exhausted.

formatting link
into ac and the router downstairs, and the second anywhere elsei wanted wired ethernet (handy so I can move the tivo to any room i want,rooms already have ac power) took less than a minute, and the tivo is alinux box, (but happily uses a wired ethernet connection)

Reply to
rebel
Loading thread data ...

I'm not sure what your point is. I did state in the original post that there are legacy reasons for keeping this particular task on a Win98 platform. Accept that. If you don't want to help, that's OK.

Reply to
rebel

Tried it, unsuccessfully. It says that there is no WNIC found.

Reply to
rebel

And often when you explain what you are trying to do with details someone may offer an idea that you didn't even consider.

Accept

OK, I will obey your command, but why the attitude?

If you don't want to help, that's OK.

But you know everything already...

Reply to
George

formatting link
> plugged into ac and the router downstairs, and the second anywhere elsei

point is, i have both a wired AND wireless network here, used one of the router plugs/jacks and a cable to "inject" net access to the powerline, so if i end up putting a device in that doesn't work on wireless, can alway plug the second one in and do wired, anywhere there is ac....

your one unit that has problems with no wireless/needs wpa but worked on wired, seemed like a candidate for working without wpa (by using wired instead of wireless), so i babbled..... did i misunderstand or say/suggest it wrong?

Reply to
Peter Pan

It's not *attitude*. It is that I am exceedingly familiar with the legacy tasks that bind me to nothing later than 98SE. I frequently receive well-meaning advice to "move to a later O/S" and "VM". But unfortunately that isn't an option, and I did indicate that in my original post so that we wouldn't be drawn off-topic into those areas.

Far from it. I *do* know the tasks for the target client. I know enough about wired networking to keep me operating nicely. What I don't know - which was the reason for seeking advice from this group - was how to establish WPA under 98SE.

Reply to
rebel

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.