where to find an older version of a linksys router

Hey, I'm looking for a linksys WRT54GS v2.1 or v3.0 Best But/ Circuit City seems to only have the v5 or newer. Is there a good place on the internet to get one from?

Thanks!

Reply to
juicymixx
Loading thread data ...

Hi, I found one v.4 from eBay.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

snipped-for-privacy@mailinator.com hath wroth:

Ummm... eBay perhaps. A search for WRT54G shows 205 hits, with a substantial number listing the version number (in various ways) in the title line.

Also, be advised that the same Broadcom chipset is used in other products that can run alternative firmware:

OpenWRT: |

formatting link
DD-WRT: |
formatting link

Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

I guess you are fine with a WRT54GL which is available on the internet. This seems to be the same as the older GS3 type. I have one and it works fine with the DD-WRT firmware.

Reply to
Edmund

Thanks for responding, everyone! The WRT54GS v2.1 (or v3) is a bit different than the WRT54G versions. I guess what I'm looking for is a source for older linksys routers (in new, or nearly new condition)...

Thanks again!

Reply to
juicymixx

I have to wonder why you don't just buy em brand spanking new at walmart for $48.... I got three v3's (s/n starts with CDF8...) last week.. Amazing that people don't even try a walmart, but go to best buy or CC.... Want something older and cheap? Try wally world (walmart)

Little cheat sheet for ya...

From

formatting link

1.1. Identification by S/N Useful for identifying shrinkwrapped units. The S/N can be found on the box, below the UPC barcode.

Model S/N Prefix

WRT54G v1.0 CDF0 or CDF1

WRT54G v1.1 CDF2 or CDF3 or CDF4

WRT54G v2 CGN10 (Canada)/CDF5

WRT54G v2.2 CDF7

WRT54G v3 CDF8

WRT54G v3.1 (AU?, DE, and UK) CDF9

WRT54G v4 CDFA

WRT54G v5 CDFB

WRT54G v5.1 CDFC

WRT54G v6 CDFD

Reply to
Peter Pan

Hi, Make that WRT54GS v.4 in the box. I am using this with dd-wrt latest full version.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.