Question on MAC filtering and use of Wireless Range Extender

I have a WRT54GS Router and a WRE54G Range Extender.

Linksys told me that I cannot enable Mac filtering (to prevent others from having access) on the Range Extender.

However if I have Mac filtering on the router will the Range Extender use this to only allow certain PC's since it must communicate with the router?

Thanks, Patty

Reply to
pattyjamas
Loading thread data ...

That is what I thought and will try it next time my roommate comes home (on a trip) with her laptop.

She has an Apple/MAC lapt> snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1123786649.437206.71000

Reply to
pattyjamas

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in news:1123786649.437206.71000 @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The router is the gateway device for the WAN (Wide Area Network -- Internet) and LAN (Local Area Network -- machines on your local network) and where you would control what wireless NIC MAC's can access the gateway router. A range extender is just that an extender to extend the range of your wireless reception.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.