Problem with linksys WAG354G & internet

I've been connected to the internet successfully via my linksys WAG354G router for some time now, last night the connect just went dead.

My computer can still connect to the router without any problems, I can still access the setup IP etc, it's just the router that cannot connect to the internet.

I have checked the settings, reset the router, unplugged it etc. The wireless lights and the DSL light come on, but not the internet light.

There is nothing wrong with my ISP, I have rang Orange and they say it is fine, I am able to connect to broadband using my old USB Speedtouch modem.

Any ideas what could be wrong or is the router dead?

I've entered my username and password several times to make sure that it is correct, my username is roonster.wanadoo.co.uk@fs the @fs is required to connect to Orange broadband.

Is there any way to access logs that might tell me what is wrong, I've check the logs from the administration menu but they don't tell me anything...

The router settings as provided by orange, they are identical to what I have entered previously without trouble:

router settings

If you choose to use an Ethernet modem / router, the correct connection settings are:

encapsulation:

PPP over ATM

multiplexing method:

VC-Based

virtual circuit:

VPI=0 VCI=38

modulation:

Multi mode

authentication:

CHAP

Thanks for any help!!

Reply to
rodneylowe
Loading thread data ...

Very possible that your router is dead. By your comments I assume that you connect the PC directly to the modem and connect to the internet just fine..

Cheers!

ISPgeek

formatting link
and Software Support Forums Get the help you want with no ATTITUDES! Free Cable/DSL/Satellite Broadband Speed Test Free Web Hosting and eBay image hosting (no banners, no popups, NO JOKE!) No Banners, No Popups, No Spam, No Advertising of ANY Type

Reply to
ISPgeek

On 7 Dec 2006 03:34:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@roonster.wanadoo.co.uk wrote in :

Try a hard reset of the router.

Reply to
John Navas

I take it you mean a hold down the reset button and power cycle WAG354G as opsed to a soft reset

My wag54gs sometimes loses the Internet conection (2 or 3 times in 3 months) on demon normaly just power cycling the router works.

One thing to try would be a diferent cable between the router and the phoneline/filter as i would imaginine the usb has its own captive cable.

Reply to
developers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.