Power-over-ethernet interoperability

Hi. I own a access point Cisco Aironet 1100, and I'm considering purchasing a power injector for the Ethernet cable (technology known as PoE / Power-over-Ethernet). I have easy access to the injector Senao PoE model NP-2401-040, which has the same voltage (48v), but before purchasing it I would like to make sure that it's going to work with my AP (in the AP's docs says that I should buy a Cisco injector).

Urls:

- Senao PoE NP-2401-040:

formatting link
Cisco Aironet 1100:
formatting link
I don't know much about all this PoE stuff, so any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Javier Sanz.

Reply to
sWitCh
Loading thread data ...

Grounding is the biggest issue you will need to worry about. If the POE doesn't have a static displacer you could potentially blow the ports on the AP along with anything connected to the unit. I suggest Tranzeo's new POE with static displacer or Motorola's.

Sean Hartling Skybeam High Speed Wireless internet

formatting link
- Cisco Aironet 1100:

Reply to
Sean

formatting link
> - Cisco Aironet 1100:

appreciated.

The Cisco shows to use -48v and the Senao POE shows a dc output of

+48. So I would say no to senao and yes to cisco.
Reply to
Airhead

there are several different "pre standard" implementations for power over ethernet, and cisco did their own version until the 802.3af standard came out.

Since the 1100 came out before 802.3af was finished, and there is no mention of of the standard on the data sheet,

formatting link
would not try to substitute something different unless the manufacturer explicitly supports this type of cisco device.

formatting link
- Cisco Aironet 1100:

Reply to
stephen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.