Linksys wireless router

I picked up a Linksys wireless router the other day and tried to install it. Had a problem. After installing a (wrt54g2) my dsl modem would not see the internet. I called Linksys and was told it would cost $9 for a question. I told them no and hung up. Returned the router and bought a D-link and had no problem. Needless to say that is the last time I would ever buy a Linlsys product.

Irwin Opper

Reply to
Irwin Opper
Loading thread data ...

You wont buy a very good product because you are inept and didn't read the manual ?

Reply to
atec 77

hmmm - a DSL modem not working and you are posting with a Comcast email ?

Reply to
ps56k

Hi, If I were you. I kept my mouth shut.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

your all a bunch of nasty morons

Reply to
Irwin Opper

Go to the linksys site and then post your question on their form page--you will get better answers than here.

Reply to
Rick

Pot kettle black old bean

Reply to
atec 77

He said he returned it and got a D-Link router which worked.

Or he could even have plugged directly into the modem.

Or even accesed his email at comcast.net from somewhere else.

I won't buy Linksys any more either - When I got my current laptop I bought an 802-11N Expresscard because it would't take the PCI card from my previous one.

The only one the store had was Linksys which if it came up at all wouldn't stay up for longer than about a minute.

I got a D-Link equivalent from another store in the nearest major city and this has never had any problems.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Irwin Opper" wrote in news:hnpbs3$a07$ snipped-for-privacy@solani.org:

If 'would not see the internet' means no internet access for both wired, and wireless, it was most likely that all 3 devices were not power cycled.

You can not unplug one rtr device from the modem, and then attach a different rtr device and expect it to work w/o power cycling the modem.

.......and not a reason to never by a Linksys device again.

Reply to
DanS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.