Linksys WAP 11 as bridge?

I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v

1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other computers throughout my place?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

Reply to
sepollard88
Loading thread data ...

In article , sepollard88 wrote: :I would like to share a network connection with a neighbor, but our :condos are separated by concrete walls. I am able to get a signal at :my desktop b/c it is by the window, as is the wireless router in her :place (SMC 802.11b). Is it possible to configure a linksys WAP 11 v :1.1 as a bridge to "relay" the signal from her router to other :computers throughout my place?

Yes, by upgrading the firmware. See the below for someone's practical experiences in doing very much what you want to do:

formatting link

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Maybe i shouldn't have used the term "bridge". I read somewhere that an AP used as a bridge could not "rebroadcast" a signal, which is exactly what I need. So can a WAP11 act as a signal relay? thanks,

Scott

Reply to
sepollard88

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.