Is it a Wireless Hub I need? - help appreciated!

I'm thinking of buying the Netgear DG834GT wireless broadband router/modem and the WG511T PCMCIA card for my laptop.

In a separate part of my house, I sometimes have two or three other PCs, each with it's own NIC. (These have previously been cabled to my existing wired Netgear router.)

My question is - can I buy something - a wireless hub? - which wirelessly connects to my DG834GT - each of my other PCs can plug into the wireless hub using existing CAT5? I don't want to buy wireless NICs for each of these PCs, and even a wireless USB dongle isn't great, because they'd all need access at the same time.

So, is it a wireless hub, and can someone point me in the right direction of one? (I had a quick look at the Netgear site, but couldn't see a description of what I'm looking for.)

Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
iceman
Loading thread data ...

I think what you need is a Wireless Ethernet Bridge, like a NeatGear WGE101.

Reply to
Steve Pearce

Thanks for your response Steve - The product you mentioned, the WGE101, looks like it's only got 1 ethernet port though - I could do with a product that's got at least 3 ethernet ports - otherwise, I'd need to buy another device, like another hub.

Thanks though.

Reply to
iceman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.