Hotspot Access Software

What I'm looking for sounds simple to me but is WAY past my abilities. I'd like to have a hotspot with free access at a coffee shop. When a customer buys a coffee, cookie, etc., they get a receipt with a user ID and a password that is good for an hour of free access. The customer is required to login within a pre-determined time frame, say 10 minutes, after their purchase. After the hour, buy another coffee and get another free hour. Anyone heard of free or cheap software like this??

Thanks!

Reply to
conroyp
Loading thread data ...

Too many really free access hotspots already. I wouldn't mess with it. Where I live that exists already and after the novelty wears off very few use it. Even some cities have free access. I would shun the place because it might take me longer to get my caffeine fix. For that matter McDonald's and Starbucks have pay access and in my town I see very few using it. Fact is, I'v e seen no-one using the one at McD.. although very cheap and reasonable...

Reply to
Hank

David Taylor was doing a review of a complete solution just like that. A customer asked for an access code, the clerk poked a button and a ticket printed out. Simplistic to use.

formatting link
I've been to hotels where they print out a sheet of the access number, and when the sheet of stickers has been given out, they change the number. It might be the same for days or months. I don't know who supplied that.

formatting link

Reply to
dold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.