Belkin customer service is a joke. Beware!!

It's bad enough that Belkin technical support is an India call center staffed by Indians with limited English skills, but to make matters worse all they do is run one in circles. I have practically begged them for a return autorization for a defective wireless router that drops the Internet about hourly, but finally gave up and purchased another wireless router that works great. If you choose to buy anything from these clowns you'd better hope the product works as advertised or be prepared to eat the purchase cost.

Reply to
harddude5
Loading thread data ...

Why didn't you flash the router with the latest version of the firmware? That usually fixes the problem of that nature.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I refuse to deal with companies that use non-UK based call centres now. It's something I always ask when buying a lot of equipment. The deal goes to someone else if they do not have full UK support. The same for home products. You should have contacted the press office at Belkin and explained you were arranging a bit of publicity. I had problems with DLINK equipment and was passed from one person to another on an American call centre with people that could speak English. They were following scripts but I did speak to one person that could talk technical. I said one thing and he arranged for the router to be picked up and sent a new one out immediately. He instantly recognised the problem. Companies employ the wrong people. You should still contact Belkin and give them some stick.

Reply to
mark

I bought the Belkin router and have had nothing but problems. I may take it back and switch it for a Linksys.

Reply to
Neo

:It's bad enough that Belkin technical support is an India call center :staffed by Indians with limited English skills, but to make matters :worse all they do is run one in circles. I have practically begged them :for a return autorization for a defective wireless router that drops :the Internet about hourly, but finally gave up and purchased another :wireless router that works great. If you choose to buy anything from :these clowns you'd better hope the product works as advertised or be :prepared to eat the purchase cost.

I had exactly the same problem with Linksys. I bought a new wrt54g v5 that continualy dropped connection. When I called Linksys I got a guy from India that barely spoke english at all and that did nothing but ran me in circles for about three hours. He finaly told me to just take the router back. After my second router "same router" having the exact same problem, I took it back and gave up on Linksys. The more I read the more this sounds common to me. I have a cheapo netgear router that has worked great. I want a faster router with a little better range but im afraid to try any more out after my last experience. And BTW, I did try a belkin also.

Reply to
Dave

How is it you KNOW the router was bad and that we ar enot talking user error? Note just because you had a problem does not rule out user error.

fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

Reply to
Rico

Flashing to the latest firmware was out of the question for you?

Reply to
Rico
[POSTED TO alt.internet.wireless - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

When you buy on price alone, then you typically get what you pay for.

Fast ... cheap ... good -- pick two, at most.

Reply to
John Navas

Here in the USA that wouldn't make much sense. ;)

Reply to
John Navas

Yeah, it was probably just my stupidity, since hooking up a router requires a Ph. D. in Computer Science, right? Of course the fact the thing worked fine for a couple weeks kind of makes me suspicious about the router, but what do I know.

Another poster asked if I made sure I had the latest firmware and I did do that. Oh well, I just got a generic form, follow up email note from Belkin tech support addressed to "Iwelo." My name is Lowell so that should give you some idea what you'll deal with if you have to call one of these India sweat shops for tech assistance.

Iwelo no likey Belkinz no mas.

Reply to
harddude5

Doesn't require a PHd, but how do we know (based on your post and flying off the handle as you have) you aren't dumb as a rock?

Reply to
Rico

Hey, Rico, that wire you crawled under to get to the US is a two-way street, you scum bag little twerp.

Reply to
harddude5

So it was user error, figured.

Reply to
Rico

(racist abuse).

abuse reports to google, if anyone else wants to. Mark McIntyre

Reply to
Mark McIntyre

:Flashing to the latest firmware was out of the question for you? : :fundamentalism, fundamentally wrong.

When I brought the first router home that was the first thing it did was get online and check for the latest firmware update. It said that it had the latest firmware installed.

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.