AP Jaht

Hi to all! I have an APJAHT that supports:

- open system

- shared key

- wpa

I would like to implement shared key or WPA but I don't know PRATICALLY how to do it. Any ideas ?

Reply to
Carlo Sipiani
Loading thread data ...

wep is pretty straight forward. define a 128 bit key by typing in a passphrase in your access point's web based configuration page. note down the sequence of hex digits (some client adapters have utilities which let you generate the keys based on passphrase but again there are others which need you to enter the entire sequence by hand). save and reboot the access point. at the client, change the config options of the connection to wep-128 bit and then type in the passphrase or the key and save. then click on connect (most have a connect button). Voila! you are somewhat secure. WPA is useful if you are running your own authentication mechanism like a radius server. this thingy will send the key to you once you authenticate against it.

Reply to
outbackwifi

tnx ;)

Reply to
Carlo Sipiani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.