3000 foot wireless card

I was in Las Vegas this week and there was a gentlman there that had a wireless card and an antena attached to the laptop.

he told me that he was able to do 3000 feet on it.

he told me i could do a search on the internet to buy one.

I have however had little success in finding the card that he has.

Does anyone here know what kind of card it was?

I know it was a PCMCIA card, but it did not stick out of the slot with an antenna like the normal cards you buy. It had a small connector like the external antena connector on the oronical cards. but it also had a rubber antenna about 6 inchs long with a base that hooked to the side of his laptop.

could somone help me out with this?

thank you.

Rodney

Reply to
news groups
Loading thread data ...

"news groups" hath wroth:

With no local interference, it's possible at perhaps 1Mbit/sec.

Translation. He didn't know the name of the card he was using.

Duz this look familiar?

formatting link

My crystal ball crashed after the last firmware upgrade. I'm working on a warranty replacment. Meanwhile, no remote viewing, crystal gazing, or precognition. I could use my Ouija Board, but the character data rate is just too slow to be useful.

Orinoco.

I call such a card an "alligator". That's an animal with a big mouth and small ears. It transmits much farther than it can hear, and is therefore not much better than a jammer. If you're going to do

3000ft, you might need a similar high power xmitter at the other end of the link.
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Thank you

this is the card i was looking for.

Rod

Reply to
Rodney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.