Latest threads in Wireless Networkingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

wireless netwok
hi ! I'm new in wireless tech, so, please don't be harsh. The point is...i have 5 computers(4 laptops, 3 of them are mobile while 1 is static)...and i would like to connect them into a network. I have...

Help..wireless problem
hi i wonder if anybody can help me.... i recently bought a Zoom ADSL X6 wireless router which i have set up and so far can only access internet via ethernet cable. I have an apple ibook os 10.3 and...

Webcams vc CCTV for security
Google didn't get me a 'general overview' - just specifics. like: have pointers to webpages for info on practical differences between using PC based CCTV vs webcams ? To use as security for ( remote ?...

Connection with Linksys router has become unstable
Hi there, we have a wireless Linksys WRT300N router which has worked out fine until now. For some weeks ago I became annoyed while playing online because of a lagspike every second minute approx. So...

Intel wireless 2200BG Problems
Hello All, I have Intel wireless 2200BG wireless card in my Dell Inspiron 6000. Of late it does not recognize my wireless connection. Infact it picks all the connections in my area but refuses to...

Linksys WRT54G default password is not valid after firmware upgrade
I have a Linksys WRT54G ver 6 wireless router. I just upgraded the firmware from ( but cannot log into the router's advanced settings using the default password. Any thoughts? I'm trying to leave the...

Long Distance Wifi Network
I found this forum through a Google search for setting up a long-range wifi network. I would appreciate any help that could be provided. I am looking to set up a wireless network between two houses in...

Is it possible to hack a Wireless ISP? newbie
I recently moved out to the country and can only get WISP now. The guy who owned the house before me used WISP, the reciever mount is still attached to the side of my house. I can clealy see the...

Need Help Unlocking LG Vx8600
I currently have a lg ax8600 (twin to the vx8600) and i am locked out of this phone... i lost my password and can't get it to reset... any help or pointers would be of great use, thx :D...

How do i set my network key - netgear
I have a wireless network set up on my home PC, which is also connected to a laptop via a wireless connection. However, the wireless internet is set an 'unsecured' and i can't seem to be able to set a...

can't browse with my cingular 8525 wifi over a non secure open network
How can i configure my cingular 8525 wifi to automatically non secure open network in public places so i can browse? Most times i am in public places where i can browse with the wifi on my laptop but...

How to convert DVD, video, flash to iphone video?
The article includes six parts. Part 1: Rip DVD movie to iPod (Windows) Part 2: Convert AVI, WMV, MPEG, RM, RMVB, ASF, MOV, DivX, XviD, MPG to iPod MP4 or H264 format (Windows) Part 3: Rip DVD movie...

Cannot connect my home PC to my wireless router
Hello, I have just finished installing and configuring my LinkSys WRT54GL router at home. I have no problem connecting with My laptop to the wireless network. However I also have a desktop PC with a,...

Using router as AP
Another stupid question. I'm playing with a the Buffalo router and wanted to see if I could grab the wifi signal from 50 feet away, but around the obstacles. I get a signal of about 17%. So, I hooked...

Max number of users per router/modem?
We have a netgear CG814WG modem/router and it seems to be set to only allow about 4 users at a time to surf. I have looked into the router's settings but can't find any setting that limits the number...