VPN Connects from some sites but not others

Hello:

I have a netgear FVS124G and a LinkSys RVS4000. I have setup each of these routers at two remote sites and configured them for access through the approprate VPN client. I can take computers loaded with the VPN clients to sites around my region and have no problem connecting to the remote sites and accessing the remote network computers. The client configurations are not dependent on the IP address I am behind.

I have two offices using the same configuration files I am using. They can connect to the remote sites but are unable to access the remote computers. Ping, Remote Desktop, etc. work for me but not for them. One site is in Chicago and the other is in Newark. All computers involved are running XP-Pro. All sites are using different internal subnets so that is not the problem.

The Chicago site can connect to the sites but was only able to access the remote computers for a brief time. This was before we replaced the old cable modem with a cable router and assigned a static IP. It can no longer access the remote computers. It has never been able to connect to the netgear site.

The Newark site can connect to the sites but has never been able to access the remote computers. It is behind a Netgear FVS318 router.

My sites are always able to connect and access the remote computers although some computers have a problem accessing a few of the remote computers at the Linksys site. All remote computers can be accessed at the netgear site.

Linksys tech support is always able to connect and access the remote computers at the linksys site.

I have contacted netgear to run a similar test at the netgear site.

Any idea why the Chicago and Newark sites can connect the VPN but not access the remote computers?

Thanks.

Reply to
egnew
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.