Connecting Branch Offices

I have been given a project that I hope ya'll can help me with. I have searched these forums over the past few weeks to see if I can find a solution and I am still stumped.

I work for a company headquarted in Tulsa, Oklahoma with branches in Houston, Los Angeles, Orlando, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Kansas City. We have up to now been running these as 7 seperate networks with 7 seperate servers and and support nightmares. What I have been tasked with is finding a solution that can put all 7 offices on the SAME NETWORK...SHARING THE SAME DATA. We use Citrix in our main office so this is an easy solution for dedicated applications with heavy data lifting involved. What I am really looking for is a hardware solution where I can just install a hardware product at the Home Office that will create a secure connection to one of the branches though another hardware product. I would verymuch like these different networks to share the same set if IP address. I would like to have the branch offices just plug their T1 or DSL Connection into this HARDWARE BOX and have it automatically connect to the home office and then when I plug in a Switch for the branch office all of the ip addresses and DNS settings will be automatically dished out from our DHCP server at the home office.

If you have any suggestions, be they detailed or just a link to another site please let me know. If I don't get a solution in place by the middle of December I am going to have to go to each of our sites and run a tedious update on some of our own software.

Please let me know anything.

:) Thank you in Advance :) michael

Reply to
mbolick
Loading thread data ...

Hi

Can you post me a assumed network diagram so that we can have hardwre in place.

CK

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
CK

Have you considered a hosted/managed WAN by one of the primary world-wide networks, such as AT&T, Sprint, etc? A lot of the tunnelling and routing can be performed by them. Not cheap, but I've seen it work very well, because they help you get most of the large pieces of the puzzle in place.

If not that, are you trying to use VPN over public internet, or dedicated point-to-point leased lines?

I have had good luck with SonicWall products. You basically point the SonicWalls at your home office, and then you have the options of configuring subnets, DHCP, etc, etc.

If you can provide more information regarding what design you're looking at, I'll try to help more.

jm

Reply to
JM

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.