Mitel 3300 telephone reboot

Hello,

Our telephones currently reboot approx once a week which cut off any calls we are making at the time. Is there any way of stopping this or at least changing it so that it only does it when everyone off the phones. .We have a range of 5205 & 5215 IP phones. Many thanks

Reply to
Nalle
Loading thread data ...

What software version are you using? The recommendation for a weekly reboot was eliminated somewhere back in release 5 dot something at least a year ago.

Reply to
wdg

If the reboot is happening at the same time every week then it's definitely the programmed reboot. If it is happening at different times of the week then it could be the courtesy reboot or a power issue on site.

You can check your reboot options by going to Maintenance and Diagnostics \\ Maintenance Commands \\ All and type the following: prog reb dis. This will give you information similar to below:

PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULE IS OFF

PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULED: DAILY 02:15:00

PROGRAMMED REBOOT RESOURCE RECOVERY IS ON

PROGRAMMED REBOOT RESOURCE: RECOVERY 02:15:00

PROGRAMMED REBOOT COURTESY IS OFF

It maybe that you have a problem with your system and the Resource recovery is activating and rebooting the system.

I hope this helps

Reply to
Gavin

Even if you are still running the older software that does benefit from a weekly reboot, can't the scheduled time be changed to a less inconvenient time, like 3AM on a Sunday?

If it used to reboot in the middle of the night, but now is rebooting during the day, check the internal time of the system. Make sure that AM and PM are properly set or that if 24hr time is being used that it is set properly.

You'd be surprised at the number of people that don't know the difference between 3:00 and 15:00. 8-)

John

Reply to
John P. Dearing

This is what mine said and the actual reboot happened 2.15pm on Monday. The system date and time are correct under the 'Group Administration Tool' and I checked it with READDATETIME showing 2005-December-20

12:11:45.

PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULE IS ON

PROGRAMMED REBOOT SCHEDULED: TUESDAY 02:15:00

PROGRAMMED REBOOT RESOURCE RECOVERY IS ON

PROGRAMMED REBOOT RESOURCE: RECOVERY 02:15:00

PROGRAMMED REBOOT COURTESY IS OFF

At the moment I have changed time to 2:15pm Tuesday (today) so I can see what happens.I will let you know if it does anything? Should I change courtesy to 'ON'

Reply to
Nalle

OK what actually happened was that it performed a whole system reboot (including ICP) but that is not exactly our problem. The actual telephones reboot and that's what we're trying to stop. Can anyone help?

Reply to
Nalle

I would turn rerource recovery ON and set the programmed reboot schedule OFF. That way the only time it should reboot is not until it absolutely needs to.

Reply to
wdg

Both resource recovery and scheduled reboot are set to go at 2:15 AM ( otherwise it should show 14:15 ). If the system time is incorrectly set it could think day is night if you know what I mean. If you set the time make sure you set the PM option. The courtesy option will check for activity before it reboots the system, so it would stop any reboot if calls are active on the system.

Otherwise the only reason the sets would reboot without the 3300 rebooting as well, would be if the sets got no acknowledgement to their "check in" with the 3300.

Reply to
DPGumby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.