Reduced spam and increased security infrastructure? [Telecom]

Do I detect a classic Catch-22 here? You urge "finding out what this environment actually is before becoming involved with it" but can one successfully do so *without* first becoming involved with it?

Even if I learn Afrikaans and Zulu before visiting South Africa, I'm in no way assured of not getting mugged if I visit what turns out to be the wrong street-corner in Capetown at the wrong time.

Others, more capable than I, have already pointed out the weak spots here.

Cheers, -- tlvp

Reply to
tlvp
Loading thread data ...

Yep, there are plenty of information sources separate from the Internet which contain useful information about the Internet. A person could also have someone familiar with the Internet guide and/or advise them as part of the learning process.

Probably, but if you purchased a decent guide book before visiting and learned what areas were better avoided, then you may have protected yourself more than someone going there without any info relying on "someone else" to somehow protect them.

Reply to
David Clayton

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.