Re: Home and small office VoIP services [Telecom]

Further, many cable [TV] offerings seem to be significantly going up > in price. Some deals are a cheap introfuctory rate that goes up after > six months or a year, which might not make it so attractive.

" > Do cable prices EVER go down? :-)

Not until the "Cable Television Consumer Protection and Competition Act of 1992" is repealed. When you let the broadcast industry write the "consumer protection" rules for their main competitor, whose interests do you think they'll protect -- consumers or their own?

Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

Typo. Sorry about that. Need to proof better before sending.

Supposedly my local municipality is to regulate cable rates. Why at a municipal level I don't know. Anyway, the municipality has a franchise fee, a percentage of the total bill, that is passed on to the customers. Since it's a percentage, the higher the bill the more the town collects. I can't help but suspect the town is reluctant to reduce cable charges since it would reduce their tax income.

Reply to
hancock4

Neat catch, Neal :-) . But check your keyboard: "d" has "s" to the left, and "f" to the right. Fumbly fingers could turn "introductory" as easily into "introsuctory" as into "introfuctory." Which would you prefer? :-)

Cheers, -- tlvp -- Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP

***** Moderator's Note *****

Ya miss *one* letter, and they never let you live it down!

Bill, who _could_ have claimed he knew it all along ...

Reply to
tlvp

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.