Cheapest Way to have Phone Line and Forward It [Telecom]

This may not be the appropriate forum, but...

1) What's the cheapest way to have a regular phone line and simply forward it to my cell phone. I can't give up the regular number since so many of my clients know it.

or

2) Would it simply be smarter to have some kind of announcement that the regular phone number has changed to my cell number. Who would do that? My regular phone number was thru AT&T until a month ago but now it's thru Vonage.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
jhunter
Loading thread data ...

How about porting your landline number to your cell phone? Then the number will BE your cell phone's number, no forwarding needed.

Are you saying you switched to Vonage only a month ago, now you want to dump the landline altogether? You should have stayed with AT&T and cancelled the service, since then you could have gotten a referral set up, like "The, num-ber, you, have, called, has, been, changed. The, NEW, num-ber, is, 5, 5, 5, 2, 3, 6, 8. Please make a note of it."

My experience with Vonage is that they can barely tie their own shoe laces, and they are particularly bad at anything related to turning off service. But I did manage to port my number away.

Regards, John Levine, snipped-for-privacy@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies", Information Superhighwayman wanna-be,

formatting link
ex-Mayor "More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

Reply to
John Levine

At one time they offered a service 'remote call forwarding' where there was a listed number that merely forwarded all calls to another number. It was intended to allow a business to have a listed number in a different city so customers could call a local number. Don't know if it's still offered or the cost.

For people who change/disconnect their numbers, Verizon offers an announcement service for $5/month. Presumably your carrier would, too, though I don't know about Vonage. This sounds like your best bet.

Reply to
hancock4

In my Packet 8 service I have dual ring, where I can ring both my cell and VoIP line. I imagine Vonage has the same deal: log into your router or your setup and see if it doesn't have the same thing. It may be a series of CF Busy and No Answer where you control the NA delay ring.

Carl Navarro

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.