Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

A week, and still no internet: Century Link down, but why? [telecom]
Note: CenturyLink services were restored to some islanders on Tuesday afternoon, after this article was written. By Olivia Cameron Last week, local complaints concerning the lack of internet service...

Omaha Phone and Internet Interconnection Site Undergoing $40 Million Renovation [telecom]

Please tell me how your receive the Telecom Digest [nfp]
I'd like to know how you receive the Telecom Digest: via Usenet, via the email reflector, or by using Google Groups or a similar service. Please let me know by sending email to the From address above....

Digital publisher owned by Hearst and Verizon accused of racism, misogyny [telecom]
By Keith J. Kelly A pop culture digital publisher owned by Hearst and Verizon is the latest company to be blasted as hypocritical after declaring public support for nationwide racial injustice...

New Orleans reaches $6M settlement agreement with CenturyLink over non-payment of fees [telecom]
by: Victoria Cristina Posted: Jun 19, 2020 / 04:15 PM CDT / Updated: Jun 19, 2020 / 04:15 PM CDT NEW ORLEANS - On Friday, Mayor Cantrell announced that the City of New Orleans has agreed to a $6...

T-Mobile explains cause of major Monday outages [telecom]
T-Mobile, one of the country's three largest cellphone service providers, said it had a "voice and text wireless issue" that began around noon EDT Monday. The company said at 1 a.m. Tuesday that all...

Is it time to adopt the UTF-8 character set for the Digest? [nfp]
I and the other members of the Telecom Digest staff have been talking about switching from the ISO-8859-1 character set to the UTF-8 set. Here's why I think it's time to make the switch: 1. Almost all...

AT&T is Using the Pandemic as an Excuse to Cut Thousands of Jobs [telecom]
Despite the pandemic forcing many to work from home and rely more heavily on communications services, AT&T is cutting thousands of technician and clerical jobs across the country over the next few...

FCC chairman calls T-Mobile outage "unacceptable," promises to launch investigation [telecom]
Pai is down on being down By Sebastian Moss In a Twitter post, Chairman Ajit Pai claimed that the Federal Communications Commission will launch an investigation into T-Mobile. The head of the FCC...

CenturyLink swipes Raytheon's head privacy lawyer [telecom]
IN BRIEF: CenturyLink swipes Raytheon's head privacy lawyer By Caroline Spiezio CenturyLink Inc on Wednesday announced that Hugo Teufel, the former head of privacy for the U.S. Department of Homeland...

[telecom] Data Point: FTC Reports Decline in Robocall Complaints
Robocall complaints from consumers declined in the last two months, reflecting enforcement efforts by the Federal Trade Commission, according to a news release from the FTC . "The FTC's latest Do Not...

Guest Moderator Applications Sought [nfp]
I'm planning a vacation in a couple of months, and I'd like to talk to anyone who's interested in being the "Guest Moderator" while I'm gone. I've been imposing on some familiar names for a while, and...

The Complete (Almost) TCPA Checklist For Telemarketers [telecom]
by David O. Klein Telemarketing is sometimes misunderstood, oversimplified, and even viewed negatively. There is much more to it than the unexpected call you get from a strange number while you're...

Mobile Phones Advertising Campaign Raises Claims Of Unfair Commercial Practices And Of Misleading Advertising [telecom]
by Ricardo Henriques (Abreu Advogados) and Margarida Castillo Silva On the 28th of May of 2020, the Advertising Ethics Jury of the Self-Regulating entity was presented with a dispute to decide on the...

Something Weird Is Going On With T-Mobile [telecom]
Something Weird Is Going On With T-Mobile Today By Joanna Nelius 13 hrs ago (June 15, 2020 ~8:20 PM EDT - Mod) T-Mobile customers across the U.S. are reporting that they cannot send or receive phone...