Switches Anyone?

formatting link
>

or something... Anyway, a webiste that had some good looking project boxes. I'm just waiting for the go ahead and order a couple. I think I have the boss convinced that installing the switches and wiring the box won't take up a bunch of man hours.

formatting link

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

Well, that one will be set to run up as high as 665 hz to drive the spindle motor upto about 40,000 RPM at the high end. My big mill has one that is set for 3 hz to 120 hz to drive the spindle from 96 RPM to about 3600 RPM.

You can vary the speed of a three phase motor by varying the frequency.

Upto 24000 RPM motors that run at upto 400 hz AC are fairly common.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What is a variable frequency drive? I know what is sounds like it is but >

And why would you need that on a spindle drive ( I presume for your CNC > machine)

Well, that one will be set to run up as high as 665 hz to drive the spindle motor upto about 40,000 RPM at the high end. My big mill has one that is s et for 3 hz to 120 hz to drive the spindle from 96 RPM to about 3600 RPM. Y ou can vary the speed of a three phase motor by varying the frequency. Upto 24000 RPM motors that run at upto 400 hz AC are fairly common.

Ahhh, I'm not knowledgeable at all about three phase. I didn't know frequen cy was involved with the speed.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.