Power DCS 632 Help

Ok, about to yank my hair out. 632 system and I can't get wireless door contacts to work (or test).

Docs tell me I can only use zones 9-32 for wireless. Ok, I did the * 8 [installer code] 002 and changed the defintions of zones 9-16 to [01] dealy

1 zone.

I can't get any of the detectors to work using the *8 [installer code] 904 and testing zone 9. I already went in and used *8 [installer code] 804, entered zone 09 and then entered the ESN and still no luck. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Jim Rims
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
nathannichols

You can use any of the zones for wireless including 1 through 8, the book is telling you that if you want to use zones 9 upward then they have to be wireless.

If you are using zones 9 & up then check that you have enabled the zones in section 202 through 205

You also have to set the zone attribute to wireless in sections 101 through

132 although I don't think that will affect testing the wireless signal, but it will affect the operation of the zone when you are finished setting it up

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

Reply to
tourman

The receiver is a RF5501-433 receiver and I am using 433 detectors but still can't get it to go. I even just reset the whle damm system and redid everything. I did activate my test zones, 01,02,03 as wireless, all three are acting as 03 defintiions. What I did do is activate zone 2 as wireless but did not assign a detector to it. When I go to test my zones and I try

01 and 03 where I do have an ESN assigned the screen just sits there, shows the zone number and lights up ready and armed. When I try zone two which does not have an esn assigned it won't allow me to select it. The book says that good is light 1 on steady...what ever the hell that means and that light 3 on steady is bad. Help!!!!!
Reply to
Jim Rims

Spoken by someone who is either a novice, or has limited intelligence.

Try enabling the wireless zones in section 109-132, for zones 9-32. You need to turn on bit 8 to identify each zone as wireless. js

Reply to
alarman

Guys, I've reset everything again so if anyone has any ideas let me know. If not I will just return it to

formatting link
where I bought it. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Rims

Doesn't "The Home Security Store" provide any tech support for their products?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Either that or read the manual first

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

This may be the beginning of a parade, Doug. Someone likes to do this to his online competitors.

Doug L wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Possibly. His e-mail is no good FWIW. js

Reply to
alarman

Call Tech Support

Telephone technical support hours are Monday through Friday, from 7:00AM to

3:00PM PST - Pacific Standard Time 951-782-8527

HomeSecurityStore.com takes great pride in providing the highest quality customer support possible to our customers. Great customer support is a key tenet of our business strategy. Our expert technical advisors are working hard for you when you need them most. Technical support is now available 5 days a week Mon.-Fri. & 7:00am-3:00pm (PST) at 951-782-8527. Our technical team can help advise you on the right products for any job. Further, they will be there for you should you need help with installation or operation of any products purchased from us.

Reply to
coord

You mean the 951 number that is always busy. Nice comment about "read the manual". He idiot, I did and it still doesn't work. I'll give them an hour on Monday to get this thing working and if not it goes back

Reply to
Larry Lipide

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Try reading it again, and if you need to read it aloud sounding every word slowly. Take notes...with a pencil or pen....on paper, don't write on your hand

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're clueless as to what is going on, aren't you? Even Scooby knows it's a parade

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I love a good parade, too bad that this clown got his identities confused so soon

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

You guys are funnier than hell. It' no joke, thing won't work. I had enrolled a couple wireless contacts, could not get them to test via 904 at all. I did the whole thing setting up the zones in 202-205 / 101-132, etc, etc. The strange thing is that when I pulled all of the batteries out of the contacts last night and went to bed becasue I was so ticked off around

3:00 am the Keypad starting beeping....trouble light, which I'm think was due to the wireless supervisory no longer seeing the contact which is pretty weird since I can't see the contact under 904 to test. Like I said, I will give them a shot on Monday morning for a couple hours and see what they can come up with.

Reply to
Larry Lipide

If you can't pull it off in usenet where you have all the time in the world to decide if you are Jim or Larry or which system you are having trouble with, its unlikely that you'll get it straight in a phone call.

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

I know, just having fun with RL...er the guy

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.