No More FBI Products being built by Honeywell

Was informed by Alarmax today that all of the FBI panels have been discontinued.

as usual another lie from a company which said it would keep FBI brand around forever. ha ha.

The XL2T was a nice little simple to operate panel for seniors and now it and XL31and XL4 etc are history

Reply to
NickMark
Loading thread data ...

I used a number of the XL-2 thru XL-2G panels and found them to be very long term stable. I also have a few XL-4s in service still. Can't really recall an major issue with any of them.

I have had a couple issues with XL-31s however. Several of them worked fine with 4x2, but would refuse to recognize the kissoff when using CID causing run-a-way reporting. I also had a number of them start to lose programming and have to be re-uploaded periodically. I do still have a number of them in service.

Its been a looooong time though since they were eaten by Ademco. They continued to support the line much longer than I thought they would.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

What else is new.

The XL series have stood the test of time over the decades. Dozens of them still out there. Simple to use, simple to install.

I'll have to order in their siren driver. Been using that for decades when a voice driver isn't needed.

Reply to
Jim

what about the FBI CP-220 Receiver. I am concerned about the Contact ID line cards.

John

Reply to
John Sowden

I have roughly 50-75 line cards for the CP-220 in stock. They are all used, but all functional.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.