Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid

Okay, why does this system have an "Interior" button? If I enter my alarm code and set the alarm, it starts to count down from 60 seconds. It would be VERY SIMPLE to determine if I need to perform an interior bypass or not: DID I OPEN THE FRIGGIN DOOR OR NOT?! If I open the door during the countdown period, clearly I've left the house. If I don't open the door, then clearly I'm still inside and it should AUTOMATICALLY perform an interior bypass! Am I just missing something here?

Reply to
geekboy0001
Loading thread data ...

If some of the zones (motion detectors, for example) were programmed as Interior Bypass zones, pressing the Interior button prior to arming would disable those zones during that arming cycle.

That is true. One exception might be if you arm the system and then leave but your wife is still at home.

Not really. The Napco Gemini system just gives you lots of options, some of which may not be useful to you but may be quite useful to others. It can be made to work exactly as you describe if you prefer it that way and there's nothing wrong with doing so.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sounds like the programmer is the stupid one

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Very constructive response, thanks. So, oh blessed one, how do you program it to work as I described?

Reply to
geekboy0001

With your obvious attitude problem, you are not likely to get a detailed answer here. Just follow the instructions in the programming manual, or call tech support to be walked through it.

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Subject: Re: Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Very constructive response, thanks. So, oh blessed one, how do you

Address 2421, bit 0 .

Will cause all Interior-1 zones to be bypassed if an exit zone is not opened during exit delay.

Yes, you're right. The Gem-3200 is stupid. Ademco has a one-button solution to this.

The Napco engineers made a product that does as promised, but it's so un-intuitive, it's more trouble than it's worth. When you do manage to program it correctly there is the greater task of explaining it to the end user. I find their panels to be used optimally with minimal or zero user interaction.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Someone else already told you

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The suggestion is related to the option called Auto-Bypass, however the documentation specifies that this option will automatically bypass a zone that is in a trouble state while arming. That's not what I need... I need to automatically select all the listed Interior devices automatically after the exit time expires but without having to press the Interior button, if an exit door was not opened.

Reply to
geekboy0001

Did I do something to offend you? I was only trying to explain the system to you. If you really want help with programming, wait a couple of days and call me during the evening. I'm recovering from the flu at the moment or I'd offer to help you this weekend.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

No, that reply was aimed towards Mark Leuck's response, "Sounds like the programmer is the stupid one." You did provide at least half of a response -- you said it could be done, but didn't provide a way to do it... the only option I can see is auto-bypass, but that will only auto-bypass a zone in "trouble" state.

Reply to
geekboy0001

Never mind him. He likes to start trouble.

If you're using Napco software to program it (and you really should be doing so) go into the Feature View screen. Scroll down to "Interior 1 Bypass" and place a "Y" in the appropriate columns.

FWIW, whoever sold you the system really should have offered to program it for you as well. It only takes a few minutes once you're experienced using the software.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Subject: Re: Napco Gemini P3200 is stupid Newsgroup: alt.security.alarms => snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

I already told you:

Address 2421, bit 0 .

Will cause all Interior-1 zones to be bypassed if an exit zone is not opened during exit delay.

Message-ID:

Reply to
G. Morgan

You are the one who said it was a stupid panel, try looking at location 1284 and 1384, if anything's stupid it's the person who programming it

Robert will give you a half of a response because he only knows how to download the panel, he can't keypad program it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

But you also have to tell the panel which zones are to auto bypass

Reply to
Mark Leuck

"Address 2421, bit 0" and "location 1284 and 1384" are meaningless to me. I know how to use the PC loader software. Spewing those addresses does show how remarkably knowledgable you guys are, and how terribly unwilling to help out. I find much of this to be showmanship and ego, plus maybe a bit of you-simply-don't-know-how. Now, if someone genuinly knows how to accomplish this (no, it's not auto-bypass and no, it's not simply marking it as an Interior zone), and you know how to set this up using the PC loader software (this screen, this page, that option, click this, etc), then by all means I welcome your advice. But, if you're just going to spew nonsense to somehow show-off that you know this panel then please don't reply because you're embarrassing yourself. Knowing this panel at the address level is no great accomplishment worthy of an ego.

Reply to
geekboy0001

OK fine. Did you try what I suggested earlier using the software? It's not very complicated. Any you're right that you shouldn't need (or want) to do address level programming on that panel.

I guess I know how to do it. I've been a Napco dealer for many years and I routinely use the software. Calm down (we're not all jerks), give me a call in the evening and I'll help you out.

That's true but if you're real short on accomplishments... :^)

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

This statement alone proves you've never actually field serviced the equipment in question.

The OP isn't even a customer, yet you told "loops" (who purchased a whole system from you) to call you tomorrow (Monday) to resolve his issue. Interesting "demonstration" of your customer service skills. It's all about "showmanship" (or "oneupmanship"), isn't it, Robert??

which you've quite obviously demonstrated...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Had you told us from the beginning you were downloading it then perhaps my response would be different although if you bothered to look at the programming manual you would have found those locations and then cross referenced it in the download software. Thats how I often do it

Most people program via the keypad and don't download

Again you were the one complaining about the stupidity of the panel

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No, Robert, using Interior 1 Bypass requires you to press the Interior button prior to arming. I want the fact that I didn't open an exit door within the exit delay time to indicate that Interior Bypass should automatically turn on.

Reply to
geekboy0001

Okay, Mark, I have the programming manual on my lap. Where's "Address

2421, bit 0" or "Location 1284 and 1384" located? Which page? And, after you locate it, how does that apply to the pc loader software? Amazing... 18 posts and still no clear-cut answers, just accusations and ego. Just as I suspected -- it can't be done.
Reply to
geekboy0001

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.