DSC PC3000 Lockout

I have a DSC PC3000 that I got from a customer. It has the dealer lockout set. I was wanting to know if I can get around that without sending it back to DSC to be reset.

Any information helps....

Thanks!

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stanley
Loading thread data ...

If anyone knows Jim does. I don't know of any way. From the manual, Hardware Reset of EEPROM Memory to Factory Defaults: If the Installer's Code is lost through inadvertent programming, the only means of reprogramming the system is via a hardware reset. If the Installer's Lockout is enabled, there is no way to reprogram the system without entering the correct Installer's Code. Why would you want to keep a PC3000 anyway? If I hadn't tossed them all I'd send you some.

Reply to
Roland Moore

What version of 3000 is it?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Version 7.71

I am moving and want to put on the the garage... Since it works, I always think of... "Its its not broke, Dont fix it".

If it is possible I would like to use it since I have 2 keypads and a working control. But again.. I always like having a spare panel just in case one that I have out blows....... If I have a spare, I usually just charge the customer the fee to come out and replace it....

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the DSC PC 3000. It works well and has in my experience no bugs in that chip version. I have more than a dozen spare boards that I keep in stock to service my existing customer base, but most have been eaten up by other small dealer friends who need them as well. The board is no longer made by DSC so they have actually increased in value as they decrease in availability.

DSC will not unlock any boards. To my knowledge, they never have at any time in the past. 'when you think about it, why would they do something to defeat a feature they put into their boards originally. As well, why do something that decreases the number of boards they sell.

Send it off to Jim Rojas in Florida if you are in the US, or myself in Eastern Canada (east of the Manitoba border), or Action Jackson at

formatting link
for anything west of that same border.

Howeverm If you do bite the bullet and replace it with a modern alarm panel, you WILL end up with a more modern panel that definately can communicate much more quickly to the Central Station.

R.H.Campbell Home Security MetaL Products

formatting link
Version 7.71

Reply to
tourman

They did in the early to mid 90's

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hmmh....well, that's something I definately didn't know. I do know that DSC developed a cheap and dirty device to allow the guys at Tried to power up any board quickly and safely in order to listen for the tell tale chirps that a locked board gives off. It seems some less than honest dealers were trying to turn in locked boards as defective ones, to get another unlocked one under warranty.

But no, I didn't know that DSC ever unlocked boards for anyone. I know they used to charge back $25 to the dealer if a defective board was returned in a locked state. But to actually unlock boards on demand....that's news to me !

RHC

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
tourman

At one time I thought there was a way to unlock the panels by installing a jumper wire some place.. Its been a few years since I messed with that at all.. but I dont like to throw anything away that still works!

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

I haven't heard of any device DSC made to find that, seems pretty simple to power up the board and listen for the clicks, One thing I found out when I was unlocking boards was a lot were turned into our office that weren't locked out, the tech for some reason just thought they were

It could have been our company which was a huge user of 1550/2530/3000 boards. Manufacturers tend to bend over backwards for high volume dealers

availability.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Depending on the version you don't even have to do that

availability.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There is a way to do that, but I only know that trick on a different model DSC panel, not the PC3000.

Reply to
Roland Moore

RHC: Could be it was just something they made up for the local Tried boys here in Ottawa. It's a simple rig to power up with AC without any risk of (I guess) hurting themselves ??? Anyway, it serves to sort out the really defective boards from the locked ones...

One thing I found out when I was unlocking boards was a lot were turned into our office that weren't locked out, the tech for some reason just thought they were

RHC: Yup ! I find that too within bulk orders. I find quite a few boards that are not locked at all, and a few that have been defaulted properly, but the installer didn't know that 1555 and 5555 are both valid codes for the Power 632, depending upon version. Or that 737373 and 282828 are both valid codes for the Paradox Esprit, again depending upon versions. So he figures they are still locked when they don't respond. I have been sorely tempted to charge them anyway for their stupidity, and the work to set my equipment up, but I've resisted the urge so far....

It could have been our company which was a huge user of 1550/2530/3000 boards. Manufacturers tend to bend over backwards for high volume dealers

RHC: Yeah, I guess that could be it. I really don't think they ever did it for the general market. RHC

Reply to
tourman

It wasn't just yours. Our local Tried office took locked "Classic" boards back and unlocked them for you (for a small fee).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ok, I guess I was dead wrong about that....

RHC

Frank Ols>

Reply to
tourman

Olson read where someone else said that. No one at Tri-ed has ever heard of him.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

No one at Tri-ed ever heard of you either.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Down here they have! :o]

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Reply to
Roland

That's not the point, Roland. Olson has been lying for years, claiming he does all sorts of installations. He's not even an installer. There are three major distributors in Burnaby. Olson says he's been installing there for years yet none of them

He also told us he snap-rolled a brand new 737 (something which is physically impossible) after borrowing it from Boeing (something Boeing has never done) to test his theory about how another airplane crashed. In that ridiculous story, Olson originally claimed that the plan was to deploy reverse thrusters at altitude. He backed off on that one when I informed hiom there's an interlock which prevents the thrusters from engaging unless there's weight on the mains (ie, the plane is on the ground).

Olson has repeatedly lied about me, about my business, about phone conversations he says we had, etc. He has also spent *most* of his online substitute for a life attacking me in this and other newsgroups. I feel it is my responsibility to make certain others here aren't taken in by his bullfrank.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well, I think this post got alittle off topic so let me "Re- Rail" this train!

Thanks to all who helped me. I got the panel unlocked.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.