Availability of CAA66

Normally I would post this on comp.home.automation but there seems to be very little activity there so I'll try here. I'm looking for a Russound CAA66 Audio system with white KP6 controllers. Any suggestions of reliable sources to get it? I've googled but just come up with sites I've not heard of. Thanks in advance. I know a lot of the people who used to frequent the other group also come here. Hope this question is OK here.

Barry

Reply to
Barry
Loading thread data ...

I'm certain that you can find a local source for the product. Most security dealers these days are "into" a whole lot more than just motions and keypads. I'd suggest you "start" your search with your Yellow Pages.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The problem is Russound has made agreements with all their distributors not to sell to any online dealers. Doing so will cost the distributor the line. They also will refuse warranty service on products not sold by authorized dealers. A few online stores still have remaining stock but it's dwindling fast. We removed the line a while back. It's unfortunate because their products are excellent.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sounds like thats a way to prop up the price. That stuff is good, but expensive.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

If it's a good product, buy it. If you don't want to pay the price then don't buy it. Simple as that.

I'm a consumer too, but I'm also a business man. Businesses are not in it simply and only to satisfy customers. The more they give to the consumer the less they make in profit. They're in business to satisfy customers while making as much profit as possible. Every company has to find out where they want to fit in the market place. Some will give the customer more at the expense of profit, equity, quality, worker benefits, or some other expense. Others will give less. If it were me running Russound, I'd be doing the same thing.

I can see exclusively using 'dealers' for things the public shouldnt be buying, such as professional-grade alarm components, but audio systems, intercom systems, etc shouldnt be a 'dealer only' item. Too many hands in mah cookie jar.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

On Nov 21, 5:37=EF=BF=BDpm, "Steven Vaughan" wrote= :

Perhaps we're talking about two different things. When I refer to "dealers", I'm talking about just plain old people who are installers who buy their equipment from distributors who will only sell to the trade.

If you're talking about exclusive factory dealerships, then I agree with you. But that's not what Russound is doing.

And just in passing, using Bose ( of all companys) as an example was the worst choice you could have made. They're simply a marketing company hyping a poor quality garbage product to uneducated end users.

It IS however a good example of what I was talking about.

Now here's a company who has decided that there's a big market in duping the public as long as you advertise, advertise, advertise. They simply direct the greater portion of their profit into advertising and put as little as possible into quality or good technology. When doing estimates on home theater and residential sound systems, occasionally someone will mention Bose. ( Stands for: .... B-etter O- ff W-ith S-omething E-lse) I respond with 2 questions ....... How many other sound and home theater related companys do you see advertising? Where do you think they put their money .... in advertising or in equipment quality?

Also, in the past, on two occasions, when the people have purchased their "great" Bose system first and have called to have me install it, I've made them a deal. I ask how much they paid for the Bose system. I take them to a local Best Buy and pick out equivalent priced equipment, on my credit card. Set up both systems and let them compare. Neither one picked the Bose.

Bad ......really, REALLY bad ..... equipment. (Equal to Radio Shack quality)

Great .... really, REALY great ..... advertising.

Reply to
Jim

put their money .... in advertising or in equipment quality?

Also, in the past, on two occasions, when the people have purchased their "great" Bose system first and have called to have me install it, I've made them a deal. I ask how much they paid for the Bose system. I take them to a local Best Buy and pick out equivalent priced equipment, on my credit card. Set up both systems and let them compare. Neither one picked the Bose.

Bad ......really, REALLY bad ..... equipment. (Equal to Radio Shack quality)

Great .... really, REALY great ..... advertising.

---------------------------------------

Hehe... guess I'm stuck in the old Bose 901 days. I don't think most audiophiles would agree with the assessment of those as "Equal to Radio Shack quality". The 'big box' Bose stuff- yeah, I suppose it's not reference standard equipment, and definetly overpriced.

Klipsch has done the same thing as Bose- built a line of less-expensive mass-market equipment that uses the glorious name of their founder to produce less-than-exceptional equipment. However, the old Klipschorn stuff, just like the old Bose stuff, remains some of the most sought-after equipment by audiophiles.

Reply to
Steven Vaughan

On Nov 23, 12:06=EF=BF=BDam, "Steven Vaughan" wrot= e:

Well, I guess Bose just sold out. They certainly have the largest share of the audiophobe market. Back in the day, they where one of the best. Even the auto makers used their systems. Although I always wondered just how good a system had to be to give "great" sound from 4 inch speakers in a 5X8 foot area.

f, just like the old Bose stuff, remains some of the most sought-after

Weeeelll .... except (in my opinion) Bose sold out completely. At least Klipsch maintains status ( and integrity) by producing higher end products.

So ..... it's producing a low end product too but at a deserving price. I'd guess it sees that if Bose can sell it's poor quality product at such high prices, it can compete with them by selling it at a lower price. The thing is ... you still can get the good stuff. Bose is Bose ..... no matter what you pay for it.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.