Audio Video and power over cat 5

send it here!!!

my gmail account is real

"Jackcsg" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com...

Reply to
petem
Loading thread data ...

Having spent half a lifetime in the industry (more years installing and servicing alarms than you've been alive judging from your vernacular), I have significantly more knowledge of what most installers do than you, my friend.

Nope. It was a specific and accurate statement of the condition of the industry. Once you've been around long enough to know something about it, please come back and share with us. For now it's best you sit on the sidelines and lurk.

Better than you, probably, but my statement wasn't an analogy.

Most DIYers don't need to do line loss calculations because most DIY installations are medium to large residential jobs which rarely exceed the capacity of standard 22/4 cable. However, a fair number of my DIY clients also install commercial fire alarm systems which require such considerations along with stand-by battery calculations, etc.

Also, several of my DIY clients who routinely post in a certain other newsgroup are electrical engineers, etc. Most of them could teach you (well ok, maybe not you but others with the capacity for thought) how to install advanced home automation systems.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I never even thought about calculating current draw until i left the alarm company I was working for, then I learnt it all, with help from some on here. :-)

as for CCTV thats a whole different ball game.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

So 25 years installing in CT and FL gives you insight on most people in the alarm industry? Yea right.

My guess is I've done far more installations than you've ever done in your "half a lifetime" and worked in one way or another with several hundred techs yet I'd never be so arrogant as to claim I "know" what most installers do

No it's only accurate in your mind to sell product

Funny, we just had an apparent DIY client who grossly overloaded his DSC Power 832, guess they need some new calculators

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And probably another "fable".

I'm surprised you "fell for it". Robert has so many "bad installation", "bad service" stories I'm sure he could fill several books. Keep thinking "DIY Mantra" and you'll pretty well know exactly where he's coming from. How many of Robert's customers have posted here (since you started contributing) asking for help because he doesn't have the time, inclination, or desire to respond to their service issues via the usual channels?

Reply to
Frank Olson

those braziizn drugs must be pretty good, huh. BAssy thinks he's Jack now. and my friend. any good colors yet, lardo?

I have done more installs in fire , burg and cctv than you will ever do sitting on your bum in brazil buggering homeless kids.

the drugs are talkiing again. mr ex minister.

Earnest T Bass

Reply to
joe

Uh, yeah, right. js

Reply to
alarman

Where have you been Mikey, sounds like you've spent a little time with Tom.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Holy Cow, everybody and his momma is losing it with Bass! What the hell did I miss? But watch that fucker! Negative publicity works just fine for him. Why not let's get an ignore thing going or maybe Jim could do a Belgian strangle-hold on him, I'll sign. One post every time Bass posts outlining the whys and wherefores in a reasonable manner of why the jerk should be avoided (hmmm, maybe Jim is the wrong guy to ask hahahahaha) But seriously, maybe we can drive the son of a bitch out of here, aviation did it.

Reply to
mikey

and don't get too f****ng smug, Frank; you're next.

Reply to
mikey

I wish to apologize to Robt and the group for this message. I was angry and wrote this and realized it was beyond the pale and cancelled the message. When I got home to my horror it had not been canceled. Kicks and giggles are one thing but this was beyond that. It was a mistake and wrong and I regret hitting the send button . Damn mozilla, won't cancel.

Reply to
joe

Robert has a way of getting under the skin of even the nicest people... And then there's his customers... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeah, well if not, you could always distract him by sucking his dick.

Ya see what happens?

In both cases, it's better to keep your mouth shut.

Reply to
Jim

Apparently it take some level of intelligence that's not apparent here, to figure that out.

You're absolutely right about that. As for me, after years of trying to probe the depths of intellegence in this group, I discovered it's a pretty shallow pool as far as trying to get cooperation to rein the level of what's acceptable and what isn't. For me, it now amounts to "Let them eat cake" I'll just continue enjoying my Usenet "hobby" If there's no concern about the level of what's acceptable for one person, then it's got to apply to everyone else. So ..... anything goes until such time as there's a concensus to quell the source of the problem. At that time, I'll gladly participate.

Yes they did and with any amount of cooperation, it could be done here also. Unfortunately, cooperation is commensurate with collaboration. And ya gotta admit, without Fat Ass, there'd only be Mark, to pick on.

And as you may have noticed as typical in this trade, if there's ever any opportunity to accomplish something, there's always someone there to stop it.

Reply to
Jim

Hey, gramps: You should take your own advice, and mind your own God damned business. Fuck off and die, will ya? js

Reply to
alarman

Hey shit sucker, Did I say anything to you? Have I made any comments to you? Did you make some sort of derogatory comment about me when you weren't even in the conversation? When you had not even participated in the thread up till then?

Keep your f****ng asinine comments up your ass where they originate and you wont hear a thing from me. Open your shit smelling mouth and your gonna get it right back up your ass, where you like it so much.

Nobody asked you for any f****ng wise ass remark but you had to start it again. Well you can start it and as always I'll end it. Fuck you your wife your kids your dog and your mother Opps sorry, you ALREADY f*ck your mother. Go find another c*ck to suck, you queer f*ck. That'll make you quiet down.

Mind your own business. Keep your comments to yourself and every thing remains quiet.

Reply to
Jim

I bet in real life you got a high speaky voice

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nope, not Tom, Medical procedure that leaves one feeling somewhat like having been had by the sisters at the big house. Has me a little testy, my apologies to the group. The guy does f****ng yammer on though, doesn't he?

Reply to
mikey

Yawn. js

>
Reply to
alarman

And a big red face. js

>
Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.