Advice on Multiple Wireless Panic / Hold-Up Buttons to Trigger Sirens and Lights

Hi All,

I am looking for advice on what equipment to use to create a small wireless panic / hold-up alarm system. Approximately 10 wireless panic buttons would be installed in a 3,000 square foot building and when any of these buttons is activated it would trigger several external sirens and lights. I would like to keep this as simple as possible without the need for much wired gear, panels, or dialing equipment. Would anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you!

Reply to
j3344b
Loading thread data ...

No wired gear or panels?

Assuming its a silent panic, if you don't have a dialer, what exactly is it going to do?

How about a magic button, seriously what are you expecting?

So is this thing going to be silent or audible, does it need to notify off premise?

Reply to
BigCheese

cbuttons would be installed in a 3,000 square foot

Hi All,

Thank you for your help so far. To clarify, this is not meant to be a traditional silent panic alarm, but an extremely audible one complete with flashing lights (think along the lines of the millionth- customer-at-a-grocery-store promotion minus the confetti). Basically, I would like the activation of any of the wireless panic buttons to trigger multiple external sirens and flashing lights to alert all persons of an emergency situation somewhere in the vicinity. I will not rule out a hardwired panel with wireless panic buttons, but I would much rather stay wireless (except for necessary power connections for sirens and lights). Perhaps, I am using the term "panic button" incorrectly and should really be looking into manually activated fire alarms (like the red boxes with the white pull handles you see in public schools) or the like?

Any additional guidance would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Reply to
j3344b

Search google.com for the words... wireless panic button

Then call and ask if multiple buttons can be set to the same zone. And if the distance (range) will work for your application. A long distance may not work like in a large industrial plant. Or these my not work through metal walls typical in businesses.

If it is *real* important that these always work, I would go with wired!

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.