internal extension voicemail never picks up

I have a problem with 2 extensions on small norstar system. I've configured a number of voicemail boxes and they appear to work fine but two of them never seem to go over to voicemail but only on internal calls. If I call in through the companies outside number I get voicemail on both of them, through the company directory or extension number, the voicemail picks up after the usual 5 rings. On internal dialing, voicemail never picks up no matter how many rings.

I've checked the F985 setting and it's pointing to "set 349" same as every other set. The mailboxes were created in a standard way. I'm guessing something different in the set or some line setting but I don't know where to look.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Don

Reply to
Don S
Loading thread data ...

This is a shot in the dark but we had 'problems' like this with our BCM system and it turned out two employees had forwarded their phones to off-site numbers that just rang forever.

I doubt this your problem but I thought I'd toss it out there.

Reply to
pyite

Got it. If you do a F**SET you can show "Capabilities", if you show them there is a "Fwd no Answer" which is set to None. On the working lines this was set to the voicemail number of 349. To change it you use F**CONFIG under "Terminals&Sets" where there is a "Capabilities" menu as well, show the "Fwd no Answer" and you will get a "Change" button on a 2 line display, press that and you can forward on no answer to your voicemail system ie. F985 number.

Don

Reply to
dshesnicky

Try forwarding the phones manually to voicemail by using Feature 984 or Feature 4 and entering 349; then call ext's using intercom. This should narrow things down a little.

Reply to
Barnes & Noble

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.