change extension

I've a phone, T7208, that I am trying to change the extension on.

I've no experience with this but am VERY technical.

Our service providor cannot come to us for far to long and I need to get this done ASAP.

As far as I know, we have a Nortel Norstar system. It also says Maridian, M12X0, M0X8A, and M0X16.

Any help and instructions on how to make this phone a diffent extension than it is, would be great!!!

The old phone fried from iced tea and the extension is lost without a new phone with the extension on it.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Best,

Sam

Reply to
samearle
Loading thread data ...

Go into system programming and change DN.

Reply to
John 807

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

If you can log into the Norstar, walk through the menus until you get to System Programming, hit SHOW, then walk through the menus until you get to Change DN and follow the instructions there. (I hope the version of your Norstar software supports this feature -- I think this was added later on.)

This is why we usually turn Auto Set Relocate to Off. With Auto Set Relocate off the port retains its programming and any phone attached to it changes to the extension that was at that jack (which is what you needed in this case). With Auto Set Relocate set to ON the programming and extension follows the phone and changes the port settings in the switch.

Good luck. If you can log into the switch, go to Maintenance and get the Version -- that will help us to figure out the exact steps you need to get to various programming menus.

Reply to
RonB

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.