mystery signal

Charles,

I don't think that's viable since it might require access to the other apartments and other buildings which might make a schedule hard to arrange. I've got people I can call on if it were critical but there are two 4-unit apartment buildings and one (large) single family residence sharing the utility transformer.

I spoke with the lady downstairs and she can't think of anything new she added. I should be able to catch the other tenants this week.

If I can't track it down it's not a major problem. I've only lost one X-10 controlled device and I can live without it.

It's more the challenge of solving the mystery that interests me. If you look at the scopeshots I published you'll see that it appears to be non-random.

Reply to
Dave Houston
Loading thread data ...

dimmer] circuit designs.

I don't know in what equipment other than dimmers and large UPS's IGBT's are currently being used, but as I wrote before, the list of device that they are being touted for by semiconductor mnufacturers is long:

Washing Machine Air Conditioner HVAC (Compressors, Blowers, Pumps) Refrigerator Small Motor Control Traction Inverter UPS Power Supply Servo Drive Medical Power Supply Motor Drives Inverter Welding

etc

formatting link
Lotsa new stuff potentially adding to the powerline cacophony.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult ww.ECOntrol.org

Reply to
Marc F Hult

There's someone living in my house who volunteers to do so. I'm very sure that he even has an ELK X-10 powerline monitor and portable oscilloscope ;-)

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Actually, the Monterey would merely report about 12 BSCs per second. Every half cycle with no 120kHz that is preceded by 3 or more half cycles with

120kHz would be seen as a BSC.
Reply to
Dave Houston

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.