careful with that automated lite!

Hi, be very careful how you protect your home or loved things and ppl. Setting up a security light could get you arrested. I got hauled off to jail. I have updated the pages, 1/4 down is perhaps the weirdest arrest in canadian history. I'm looking at 12 years in prison, for protecting (actually failing to protect, the light only angered the vandal) Be careful guys. Check with the police, and i would even ask for permission in writing.

formatting link

Stay safe, spike

Reply to
Spike
Loading thread data ...

Stop posting this.

Reply to
wkearney99

Heh... Are you the moderator??

Reply to
Frank Olson

Tgis newsgroup is "self-moderated". That means the regular posters do what they can to try to maintain order.

Reply to
robertlbass

Hey, that reminds me! We haven't heard from our "Group Moderator" in quite a while!

Reply to
E. Lee Dickinson

He's in Bahia. Robert and "Group Moderator" own a "time share" there. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Tgis"???

Reply to
Frank Olson

In all fairness, this guy has been spamming this notice and link to his website all over usenet since the beginning of December.

Reply to
jim.griffin

Of course, if his story is true, then the police have not been doing their job, and it sounds like at least one of the officers is a real idiot. or is taking bribes from the neighbor.

I don't condone spamming, but if thats the way the canadian police handle situations as this guy describes, then people need to know about it, since they obviously are incompetent, and the situation needs to be fixed before somebody gets killed.

Reply to
Bob Vaughan

I looked at his web site without reading down this thread, so I fell for it. Spent all of 3 mintues trying to figure out the rant.

The web site home page is cryptic and the user is left to put the pieces together. Things are not laid out in a logical fashion (who, what, when, where up front) which makes me wonder about the author. I sense there is only half the story/rant here. And it isn't worth my time to read very much of it. Not my battle.

Good luck.

Reply to
RF Dude

X-No-archive: yes On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:17:40 -0500, "Spike" used recycled pixels to say:

Don't like it 'eh? Then, eh, move out of Canada, eh?

------------------------------------------------ Autobot This Spammers!

mailto:postmaster@127.0.0.1 (to reply to actual address, dispense the dots before and after sirname.

Reply to
The Alien

job, and it sounds like at least one of the officers is a real idiot. or is taking bribes from the neighbor.

None of which has anything to do with this newsgroup. There are lots of newsgroups where his message would be welcome. Here it is not. Bill is right to chide him for spamming us. Olson only argued because Bill has also chided him for inappropriate posting.

Reply to
robertlbass

job, and it sounds like at least one of the officers is a real idiot. or is taking bribes from the neighbor.

Are you saying that a motion activated security light has nothing to do with this newsgroup?? Really??

I don't have a problem with it.

Ahhh... so *you're* the moderator now... :-)

Really?? Is this inappropriate as well??

formatting link
The number of unanswered complaints isn't climbing, but the number of websites sure is...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Once again confirming Frank's poor social skills.

their job, and it sounds like at least one of the officers is a real idiot. or is taking bribes from the neighbor.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

I'm "incorrigible" (but I do tell the truth). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

One out of two, better than usual for Frank and friends from ASA.

Reply to
B Fuhrmann

You just gotta back that statement with some solid proof there, bud. When have I *not* told the truth?? Or when have I not been incorrigible?? :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Oh please, take your bullshit elsewhere Frank.

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Tsk!! I wasn't asking you. You just gotta "horn in" on every conversation don'tcha?? Do you listen on the extension when your wife's on the phone too?? Naahhh... being the Home Automation "genius" you are, you probably record them, compress them to a MP3, and listen to them on your "I-Pod" while you're out jogging. ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

This is hilarious coming from the guy who's famous for trying to gore Bob Bass in *every* message possible. Preach one thing, practice another.

I watched the Wizard of Oz with the younguns this weekend. I could easily see FO as the Wicked Witch of the West: "I'll have those precious ruby slippers of Bob Bass if it's the last thing I do! Fly my pretties!" Cue flying monkey music . . .

Oy! Poor FO just doesn't get it, does he? He's peeing in the community pool, pretending he's not standing in a bright yellow cloud of whiz.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.