Can I add the local control function to the lamp module just as the wall swith does?

After I compared lamp module and wall switch module, I found they are very similar. So I wonder if by following the existing wall swith local control button solution, I can by some means to modify the lamp module to add the local control button too.

But I am not a good electronic engineer, so any help please?

Reply to
tony_9221
Loading thread data ...

I don't use X-10 any more (too many failures) but the last time I checked you could turn on a lamp module by switching the lamp itself off, then on.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks, but the function I really want is to push a local button to manually swith on and off the module. As sometimes, the remote control is not working, this function is a must for that situation.

Reply to
tony_9221

Why do you need a button? Why not just use the "local control" feature built into the lamp module?

- Mark.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

"Mark Thomas" wrote in

I suspect the OP does not want to leave the local lamp turned off at the socket because that would mean it could not be turned back on remotely - only locally. It seems that he's got other problems in that the remote doesn't work reliably. I think that addressing that issue would address the need for a local "off" button on the module.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.