Accepting inputs VIA PC

I am new to HA and I tried searching but here is what I would like to do:

I have a lot of parts from access and security systems. I would like to create or use some software and hardware that will allow me to monitor these NO or NC circuts VIA my PC.

I have a controller built that will create outputs VIA the parallel port... but I would like to have inputs as well. Is there any prefab hardware and software that will allow me to do this?

Thaks for the info.

Vinny

Reply to
mixinguiness
Loading thread data ...

I don't know how may boards you will find that include software but search on "serial DIO cards" and "USB DIO cards". Here's one example of a USB card...

formatting link
It's unlikely you'll find anything for a parallel port as only a few of those pins are inputs.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

Napco's P9600 alarm control panel can be connected to a PC using their RS232 kit. The system reports sensor changes (open, close, short) as well as system status changes (arm, disarm, alarm, bypass, etc.) in real time.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Home Domination:

formatting link
would work well for you.

Reply to
Huey

Hey Vinny, Our BarioNet controller is IP based and has various input/output interfaces built in: digital inputs, relay outputs, analog inputs, RS232, RS485, temperature sensors, etc. It is simple to pass data from the controller to your PC using HTTP, RS232, TCP connections, etc. The BarioNet actually supports wiegand card access readers as well if that would be useful to you.. If interested email me or check

formatting link
Good luck! Adam

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
vanoorta

Google PIO PCI (Programmable Input-output for PCI bus) or PCI ISA (for ISA bus).

There are dozens (hundreds?) of different cards.

Also search eBay title and description for: "National Instruments"

PCI-DIO-96 (96 inputs or outputs) typically sell for $30-60. PCI-DIO-24 for $15-$30. Stay away from the older 32-I/O versions. There are many connector options.

HTH ... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.