Zone Labs Integrity Client problem

I am having a problem with Zone Labs Integrity Client. When I try to ping an address I get: PING: transmit failed, error code 65. This includes pinging the computer's address itself. And I cannot get to any web sites when Zone Labs is enabled. All works fine when Zone Labs is turned off.

I have read that this might be because ICS is enabled, however I am not using ICS.

The Zone Labs version information is as follows: Integrity Desktop version 3.5.175.087 TrueVector security engine version 3.5.175.087 Driver version 3.5.175.087 I think this is a pretty old version however I got the Zone Labs from my employer, who has an enterprise license that allows us to use it on our home computers.

I have Windows XP SP2. With just SP2 everything was fine. I think that this behaviour started when I installed all of the post-SP2 fixes. However the problem didn't start right away, I could for example search Google for some stuff, but when I clicked on one of the links it would not work. And then it got to the point where I could not access anything on the network, both internet and local machines.

Has anybody seen this behaviour and knows how to fix it?

Reply to
Bruce
Loading thread data ...

on 02 Jan 2007, something possessed Bruce to write:

I've seen this behavior before sometimes when bringing a computer with ZA out of Standby Mode. When was the last time you booted up your computer, or is it on always? If you always keep it on, or sometimes put it in standby mode, try rebooting the PC?

Good luck,

Regards,

Will

Reply to
William

Thanks for the reply. I never put the PC in standby, and I've rebooted many times. However I just checked the corporate site and they now have version

6 (now CheckPoint instead of Zone Labs). At any rate I've installed that so I'll see how that goes.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

I am very interested in what your experiences are with this new brand, so I would be grateful if you would write down some head lines, and whether you like it. TIA!

Reply to
oriolus

on 03 Jan 2007, something possessed oriolus to write:

I think they're still keeping the Zonelabs name, and having it run as a subsidiary of checkpoint. When this tookover actually went into effect I do not know, but I just clicked on the about for one of my computers that's running ZA and it says "Zonelabs, a Checkpoint Company."

Reply to
William

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.