High Integrity Ethernet

Hi All

First, what are the opinions out there upon the use of Ethernet as the medium to convey high-integrity information (aircraft, radar, etc). Can you get certified (MilStd maybe) COTS Ethernet units/components?

Second, I am trying to create a "Data Diode" device to prevent two way communication over an Ethernet link. We are using connectionless UDP in a real-time environment where we don't mind losing packets, but must preserve speed of conveyance of the information. Does any one know of a COTS unit that will do this? Or any chip from TexasInstruments, NationalSemiconductors or Intel for example, that is designed for Ethernet signal interfacing, that will give me the access I need? I am using 100Base-TX. I have seen the many Tranceiver devices available and think they are ok, but I think they introduce too much complexity for what I want to do. I want to keep it simple. I am currently looking at a Fully Differential Op-Amps for a solution. I would like to use the LVDS devices available, but I have not found one which will handle the MLT-3 signal in 100BaseTx.

Any good websites on Ethernet technology?

Thanks.

Reply to
Brown Peter G
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.