Toolkit for Testing Firewalls

We are doing some testing on the Kerio Server Firewall on Windows 2003, and I would like to know if there is a standard toolkit of testing tools that we could use against it to benchmark some features. I want a tool that would from the command line let us impersonate a different source IP and source mac address to see if we can get the firewall to correctly identify spoofed traffic. I assume these things are a dime-a-dozen in the hacker community. Is there anything commercial or at least some well known distributions that can easily be authenticated to avoid spyware?

Reply to
Will
Loading thread data ...

There are a bunch of tool out there , i normally use HPING3 or netcat or netperf.

All of them are scriptable , hping3 has its own one while the others has to be scripted from shell, and all of them let you test a lot of different stuffs on your fw. Hping3 is probably the best and most flexible but even the most complex to use ... and still in beta AFAIK.

Reply to
primeroznl

Hi Will,

You may wish to investigate:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Asset Recovery Directory

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

You can check the following link also:

formatting link
It might help.

Panda,

www.network> There are a bunch of tool out there , i normally use HPING3 or netcat > or netperf.

Reply to
Panda

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.